Chapter 25

"So this is where your going to sleep" Vivian said behind her shoulder as she entered one of the three guest rooms. Sarah limped her way into the room with her walking cane and a frown. The Kinley's were considerably richer than the Murrays. Even Leanne was surprised when she entered herself. She and Thea, Vivian's mom, never really got along and weren't exactly part of the same social circle but for the sake of the girls, both women politely talked to each other in the kitchen while Sarah settled in.

"My room is right down the hall. We are the only ones on this floor"

Vivian dumped the large traveling backpack filled with Sarah's belongings in the middle of the room and glanced back at Sarah who was still admiring her surroundings. Vivian had tried to help Sarah up the stairs but the other girl was too stubborn to ask for help and not so politely told Vivian off. Although, Vivian had insisted taking her bag. Not used to being in such situations, Vivian had no idea how to act around Sarah. Not that she ever knew how to before. She simply waited for Sarah to act on her own accord.

The room was quite simple. It consisted of a queen-sized bed, two closest, a flat screen HD Television, a desk, a bedside table, drawers and a small library. The far side door led to a well-equipped bathroom. The walls were of a friendly yellow. The sheets were freshly added and the open curtains led the view of the 163 acres of natural farmland behind the house.

"Wow" Sarah said. She didn't look good; hadn't in days. Her eye sockets were black from the lack of sleep, her skin grey. Her eyes were hollow and her cheek bones began to show from the lack of eating. She was in pain and everyone knew it. The medication was helping a little but Sarah only bit her inner cheek and suffered in silence. Vivian wanted help, she wanted to comfort Sarah but she didn't know how. Sarah had become bipolar in her mood and it was not hard for her to snap back into her depression state. It was quite unpredictable. Somehow, Vivian's presence did seem to help her, though only a little.

Sarah limped to the bed and tiredly sat down. She began to remove her coat with difficulty and Vivian wordlessly help her. Vivian received a piercing glare but ignored it and continued help Sarah undress. When the injured girl was stripped to her tank top and underwear, Vivian help her lie down. As soon as Sarah's head touched the pillow she was unconscious.

Making sure that Sarah was tucked in warmly, Vivian made her way down to the kitchen where her mother and Leanne waited patiently.

"She's asleep" Vivian informed them and Leanne blew out a breath.

"Thank you again for doing this" the doctor said to both of them. Thea touched Leanne's shoulder.

"It's not a problem" she said. "Vivian and I will take good care of her. I've had many experience with traumatized animals, I must admit there may not be much of a different approach"

"Alright then" Leanne stood up, not too happy to hear Sarah being compared with an animal, though it was better than nothing. "Please call me if there is anything"

"We will" Vivian assured. Grateful, Leanne left the mansion.

"Come one honey, help me make dinner" Thea told her daughter as she led her to the refrigerator with an arm around her shoulder.

-

The next day, Sarah had been task to groom some of the horses. It didn't require much physical movement and it was simple. Vivian had given her a tour of the barn, introducing some of the horses to her. Reign, Vivian's horse was a pregnant mare and purebred. She was due in the middle of May. It was clear that Vivian loved horses. To others, she still came out as a notorious posh with a stick up her backside but Sarah knew better. She saw the glint in her eyes when Vivian stroked her chestnut horse and spoke of her in awe.