Chapter 17

Leanne sprang up from her seat and ran to the bottom of the stairs. She saw Sarah making her way down quickly with her giant bag on her shoulders. She was about half way at the bottom when Leanne stopped her physically.

"Where do you think you are going?" Leanne asked. Sarah tried to walk around her but the older woman stepped in the way again. She had to look up because she was two steps below Sarah. "Nuh, uh. Turn around, we are going to have that talk now"

"Move, I have to go" Sarah said while drumming her fingers on her thigh. "Take care of Sunny for me"

"No, you will go nowhere" Leanne repeated, "we are going to have a decent conversation, as adults and we are going to come to an understanding. Turn around"

Sarah sighed and looked at the ceiling in despair. This was too overwhelming for her. Her eyes caught sight of Sunny by the railing. She was watching the scene overhead, looking concern. She knew what was going through Sarah's mind and was not surprised of her wanting to leave.

With a another sigh, Sarah turned around and made her way back to her room with Leanne on her heels. They past Sunny on the way there but didn't stop to chat. Sarah dropped her bag on the floor and turned around with her arms crossed. Leanne stepped in after her and close the door behind.

"I am sorry about the way I behaved, but we are going to have to come to terms on a certain things" Leanne said. Sarah started pacing the room. Her hands wouldn't stop shaking and her eyes kept looking at the closed door. Her paranoia was acting up again and her mind began to overthink about what was going to happen next.

"Sarah, I need you to take a deep breath" Leanne started slowly, only now noticing Sarah's behavior. "You are not in trouble, you were only trying to help"

Sarah laugh "I'm not in trouble? Really? Trust me you don't want me here."

"I am sorry I yelled at you. I was not thinking clearly" Leanne stepped forward but Sarah took a step back. "You have the right to make mistakes, Sarah. Everyone makes them."

"Well not me. Not without consequence" Sarah argued angrily. She was on edge now.

"It will be okay, please take deep breath"

"No!" Sarah shouted "No. Just get on with the punishment or let me go."

"I don't want to punish you Sarah and I do not want you to leave" Leanne tried, getting nervous. This was getting out of hand.

"You don't want my kind here"

"What kind is that?"

"A murderer" Sarah yelled and Leanne froze in shock. "I killed someone. There, happy now? Let me go"

Leanne took a deep breath and pinched the brink of her nose. "Whatever happened in your past, I can help you if you just let me -"

"What do you want from me?" Sarah yelled as she cut her off. "And don't say to help me. Everyone wants something"

"I just want you to talk to me."

"Liar!"

Sarah's pacing was getting quicker and her entire body started shaking . She was no longer in her right mind. Memories kept flowing in her head like tsunami waves. She was getting a migraine and kept flinching from the intensity of the images going through her mind. It seem as if she forgot where she was.

Leanne noticed that she was alone in a room with an unstable girl and that she was not calming down. The door was behind her but a soon as she looked at it Sarah pounced. The young teenager grabbed Leanne's collar with both hands and slammed Leanne's back on the only exit route of the room. Her head was so close that Leanne could feel her hot breath on her cheek and Sarah placed a leg between hers.