Chapter 20

It was the blinding light that tore through the window that woke Sarah up the next day. With a groan Sarah slowly opened her eyes but shut them close quickly. A massive headache soared through her head and most of her body. Sarah tired to figure out what happened but ended up with a blank.

Her entire body froze. Her eyes shot opened and she took a frantic look around. This was not her room. She looked at her covered body only to find herself naked underneath. Sarah's mind went in complete overdrive and hyperventilation. Paranoia and panic filled her mind and her body began to shake.

She felt something move beside her and her head whipped to the side. She saw Vivian's figure lying on the bed beside her with nothing but a small blanket covering her also naked body. She was lying on her back, a little tilted towards Sarah. She looked peaceful, with her dark hair covering her closed eyes and her mouth slightly opened.

Sarah took a shaky deep breath. Then another and another until her beating heart slowed to a normal speed. It was only Vivian. Vivian wouldn't hurt her, Sarah was sure of it and that alone relaxed her enough to start thinking clearly. But the more she calmed down, the more she started to regret it. She looked at Vivian a second time, only this time the pieces molded together. Her naked body. Vivian's naked body. Both in the same bed.

"Fuck!" Sarah swore and mentally hit herself. How could she have let that happen?

Slowly and very quietly, Sarah got out of bed without waking the other girl up. She made her way around the room and picked up her scattered clothes. She made sure to keep an eye on the sleeping Vivian everywhere she went. But she never woke up. By the looks of her misplaced clothes, Sarah assumed they had a wild night.

Once dressed, Sarah tip-toed out of the room and carefully closed the door behind her with one last glance inside the room. Vivian really looked peaceful with her entire body relaxed and soothed.

She pushed down the sudden guilt feeling that was slowly creeping in her mind. This was not the time to feel that way. Sarah continued to walk through the party debris, garbage and past-out bodies. She walked down the stairs and searched the rooms until she found her winter coat and stepped outside in the ever cold winter. They were approaching March fast and the weather was ever so slowly getting warmer.

'Now what?' Sarah thought. She didn't want to walk all the way to her house, especially with a cracking headache that made her eyes squint in pain. Maybe she could borrow Vivian's bicycle, if she had one, and bike back. She would give it back to her someday, naturally.

Sarah walked to the farm garage. It didn't look as if it had been plowed and therefore Sarah had to plow through the almost knee high snow so she could see through the window.

"Are you looking for something?" a voice startled her from behind. Sarah looked around and stared weary at an older woman who clearly took care of her body. Even through the layers of clothes, Sarah could see that the lady was fit, just like all the other farmers Sarah had come across since she arrived here. The older woman had black hair and dark brown eyes and was about half a head smaller than Sarah. She was probably five one, five two with a small but wide built frame.

"Can I help you?" the woman asked again when Sarah stayed silent.

"I need to get home, but I have no car" Sarah said.

"You live with the Murray's correct?" the lay said. Sarah nodded. "Come on, I'll drive you. I need to get to the village and it's on my way"

Still unsure, Sarah followed the older lady to a giant pick-up truck. Sarah had to hop on a step to be able to get in. Unfortunately the truck had not been running because it was almost as cold inside as outside, except for the wind. Sarah blew on her cold hands to warm them up when the lady sat in the driver's seat and started the engine. The truck roared to life.