Chapter 9

"Sarah, care to answer the question?" Mr. Thorne.

It was the last class of the day and Sarah had had enough. Ever since the incident on the first day, the math teacher had been on her case. He always asked her to answer some questions but even with the tutorial from Carly, Sarah couldn't learn fast enough to know about the equations given. But Sarah never gave the teacher the satisfaction of being humiliated. She tried to do the best she could.

Now, Sarah was pondering on the question. She was calculating the math in her head until she came to a decent answer.

"The answer is 4.76" Vivian said as if it was obvious.

"Thank you miss 'portable dictionary', but I had it" Sarah glared at the back of the other girl's head until she turned around to face her.

"Of course you did; when the class was finish" Vivian smiled sarcastically. "I came to learn, not wait for an answer everyone knows already"

"Why don't you take that answer and shove it up you're a-"

"Alright you two, that's enough" Mr. Thorne grumbled, interrupting their match stare. "You can bitch at each other out of my class, for all I care"

The feud had been happening every day since the cigarette incident. They had been at each other's throat whenever they were able to speak to each other; mostly insulting each other. Both girls were relentless, not willing to give up.

The bell rang loud and clear, ending the last class of the day, luckily without any more incidents. The students knew of their unloving confrontations and made sure to stay on the side. They preferred to watch and gossip.

Sarah was making her way to the bus stop when Sunny came running. She and Sarah's relationship had strained a little because both of them were on edge of what was going to happen. But, Sunny still looked up to her sister and always made sure Sarah knew where Sunny was going.

Ken had been quiet for a while, smirking at her as if he knew something she didn't. Sarah knew, he was planning something but she was not sure what. She knew whatever was going to happen will happen sooner rather than later and it made her paranoid.

"One-san" Sunny greeted as she adjusted her bag on her shoulder. "Carly and her friends are inviting me to go see her horses. Want to come?"

"No thanks" Sunny smiled when Sunny pouted. "Stop that pout, you'll make me change my mind. Go have fun with Carly, but I want a full description of it. Deal?"

"Deal" Sunny said before bear hugging her older sister and running to Carly who was waiting for her by her friend's car.

Sarah chuckled and walked to the waiting bus. Leanne couldn't come get her because she was held at her work but was going to be at the house when Sarah arrived. When she arrived, she could hear Dean and Leanne talking to each other seriously.

"You said the girls would be here a week Leanne" Dean said to his wife in the kitchen "It has been two"

"The girls are doing great here Dean. Sunny loves it  and Sarah actualy gets along with all of us; including Carly." Leanne looked at Dean with big pleading eyes. "Is it so bad to have them here?"

Dean sighed and grabbed his wife's hips. "Of course not, but I would like it if we were on the same page once in a while"

Leanne smiled and pecked his lips. "You're the best. And frankly, they are doing as much good to us as we do to them"

"I know" Dean sighed again "You and your big heart. I can't do anything but to succumb at your feet"

Leanne laughed and hugged him tightly. She noticed Sarah standing awkwardly by the kitchen door and waved at her to come in. Leanne broke the hug and gave Dean one last kiss before going back to her cooking.