Chapter 19

The week slowly dragged by and every student in the school couldn't stop talking about the upcoming party. Vivian's party was always anticipated for it was one of the biggest of every year. It was all they could talk about at school.

Other than that, the week was quite normal. Sarah and Vivian were spending more time together, unknowingly to them, either working on their project, tutoring or simply insulting each other. Their time spent together did not go unnoticed by the rest of the student body. Vivian's posse were getting angry and jealous while the rest were simply enjoying their interaction with one another. Neither of the girls noticed the shift in their relationship and were oblivious to the showing signs.

At the Murray's house, the tension was reducing to almost non-existent. The interactions were back to normal and while none of the family forgot about Sarah's breakdown, they let it in the past and moved on to better things.

"Are you still coming tonight?" Vivian asked Sarah for the hundredth time. Both girls were sitting in the library doing their homework. It was after school and a few hours before the party. Sarah was having a particularly hard time understanding her biology assignment.

"Yes, for the thousand time" Sarah said annoyingly. "Ask me one more time and I'm not going"

"Just want to make sure" Vivian said. There was something in her voice that made Sarah look up from her paper. Vivian was fidgeting and kept taping her fingers together. It was unusual for her to show any signs of discomfort in public and that made Sarah frowned.

"What is up with you?" she asked her tutor "Why is it so important that I show up?"

Vivian rolled her eyes. She was about to say something but decided against it. "Never mind" she said at last. Sarah knew there was something up with her nemesis. Vivian had been acting strange for a while and her weird attitude got worse each day closing on her party.

"You sure you're OK?" Sarah asked again.

"I'm fine" Vivian said with a snap. "It's not everyday one turns eighteen"

"I thought your birthday was Sunday" Sarah said with a frown.

"It is, but since the party is tonight, it is almost as good a day. Beside, Sunday I am spending it with my family"

"Is that why the party is on Friday?"

"I cannot have a family super while hungover, can I?" Vivian said with a smile.

Sarah laughed genuinely. She was not one to laugh, especially around Vivian but somehow she usually ended up doing so. Vivian couldn't help but laugh along as if it was contagious.

"So true" Sarah shook her head. Vivian always thought about everything. That's what made her so utterly infuriating. They continued to work in silence until Carly came in.

"Hey love birds" Carly said with a cheeky grin which she only received two glaring set of eyes. Sarah's foster sister only moved her blond hair out of her eyes and winked at them. "Sarah, are you ready? We need to get going if we want to make it to the party in time"

"Yeah" Sarah said as she packed her bag and dressed up. She turned around and looked at Vivian. "I guess I'll see you soon"

Together, both girls left the school and walked to one of the Murray's car. Carly had this continuous grin on her face and kept glancing at Sarah who was getting fed up.

"Leave it alone" Sarah said and Carly shook her head. She was staring to know her foster sister quite well. She noticed that Sarah was someone good with denial when it came to attachments. She also knew she wouldn't get anywhere if Sarah chose not to give anything.