Chapter Five~Butterflies.

-Aurora's POV-

Winter was upon us as blankets of snow lay on the ground as the month of December began. I was dreading going home for the holidays as my mother hated my guts, I also felt happier here, I could be myself. I was sitting under the willow tree in the snow on a blanket with a book when I saw Remus walking towards me. "Where's the others?" I asked curiously when I realised that he was all alone. "Detention." He explained simply. I rolled my eyes. "What are you reading about?" Remus questioned as he sat down beside me. "It's a muggle novel about a detective named Sherlock Holmes, Professor Dumbledore let me borrow it after I said how much I wanted to read muggle books." I answered. He raised his eyebrows at me. "How are you finding it?" Remus wondered. "Really interesting. It's brilliantly written." I admitted. He smiled slightly. I began to read to him, we laughed at the same parts together and both worked out the cases. "Why does your hair keep changing to silver?" He wondered from next to me. I looked at my hair and chuckled. "It does that when I'm chilly." I told him before shivering again. Remus took off his robes and wrapped them around me, I felt sudden warmth and butterflies as he did so. "T-Thank you." I blushed. He nodded and smiled at me happily. It began to snow again and Remus watched as I caught snowflakes in my hand. "Remus, may I ask you a question?" I questioned after we sat in a comfortable silence for a few moments. He nodded. "Where do you and the boys go at night on some days?" I wondered curiously. He looked at me nervously. "We, er, just mess around in different parts of the school. Boys time I guess." He answered. I didn't really believe him, but I decided just to let my curiosity disappear.

"I really don't want to go home. I wish I could stay here forever." I sighed as I played with the snow and brushed it out of my now former blue hair. "Because of your parents?" Remus wondered. I nodded. "That and the fact that I have to act like a completely different person there. I can't walk around in jeans and jumpers, I can't read muggle books, I can't go out just for the sake of it, it's horrible. I'd be lost without Sirius." I answered sadly. "I think it's so unfair that you two have to deal with that." Remus admitted. I smiled slightly. "Christmas is supposed to be a happy time of the year. It's supposed to be full of laughter, games, memorable family moments. We've never experienced that. It'll be worse this year now my mum hates me. No presents, dirty looks, sly comments, having to go to bed early out of pure disgrace to the family name..." I added with my voice breaking slightly at the end as I was on the verge of tears. "You deserve so much more. You're a wonderful person Aurora. Your family should see that. Besides, when it comes to presents, I'll send you some... to make you happy... and um, when things get tough, I'm only an owl away... I'm willing to listen..." Remus smiled kindly but shyly. I felt myself blushing, my hair briefly flashed to a bubble gum pink colour before returning to blue. "That's so sweet of you, thank you Remus, you're really good to me." I beamed back anxiously. He blushed too and nodded. I knew that I would miss him during the holidays at that moment.