Chapter Twenty-Four~The Promise.

-Remus' POV-

Today I had a mission. I had a mission to ask Aurora a very important thing. I knew exactly how to do it, and when. Tonight would be the time. Location? The Quidditch pitch during her evening match against Hufflepuff. Although I had it all planned out, it didn't take away all the nerves I had in my stomach. "I'm feeling so good about this match tonight. My team have been working so incredibly hard and have been listening to me." Aurora said as she joined our table for dinner in the great hall. "You'll smash it Rora." James told her. She grinned and gave him a high five. After pudding was finished, Aurora stood up and hugged me from behind. "Right, I best get down to the pitch with the team. We've got our warm up booked. See you there. I love you to the moon and back." She informed me. I turned round to give her a kiss and nodded. "I love you to the stars and back, good luck beautiful. I'll be cheering you on from the stands." I replied. She smiled before skipping off. "You seem nervous Moony, everything okay with you?" Sirius asked. "You'll see, soon enough." I stated. They all raised their eyebrows with curiosity.

After having a word with Professor McGonagall, Madame Hooch and the commentator, I made my way to the Gryffindor stands to cheer Aurora on. "And the match has commenced! Now, I have an announcement to make, there will be a half time tonight due to a special happening. Madame Hooch will cast red sparks in the air to signify this." The commentator said. I watched Aurora fly around with awe as she dodged out of everyone's way to look for the snitch. She always looked like she was home when she was up in the air. Ravenclaw were 50 points up when red sparks were fired into the air. "Half time! Now I have been requested to tell you all to sit in the stands... except for Aurora Black." Madame Hooch instructed. Aurora looked really confused. James, Lily, Sirius and Peter looked at me with sudden realisation. I made my way down to the pitch, calming my breathing as I walked down the steps. I made my way towards her, smiling. "Remus?" She stated curiously. I pointed my wand to my throat before saying "Sonorus." My voice would now be amplified. I took her hand before going down on one knee and pulling out a ring. As I did so, the crowd gasped.

"Aurora Carina Black, since the day your eyes locked with mine, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. This here in my very shaky hand is a promise ring. This ring comes with a pledge that I will forever be faithful to you. This ring is a symbol of my commitment to this relationship and our future. When you look at this ring, I hope it reminds you of my promise to never stop loving you. This ring symbolises my intent to marry you some day, and one day I'll replace it with an engagement ring, and latter a wedding ring. This ring will remind you that I'll always be there for you. There is around one billion trillion stars in the universe, and yet, you shine the brightest. There is no life without you. So, please, make me very happy and accept this ring as a promise that we will always be together for a hundred thousand light years to come." I announced. Tears were streaming down her cheeks, her hair was a strong magenta pink. "Yes, I will accept this with all my heart. I love you so much Remus John Lupin. You're more than the stars to me." She answered after calming herself down from crying her eyes out. I carefully slid the ring on her finger. She snaked her arms around my neck as I pulled her by her waist so we were drawn closer together. I gently placed my lips on hers lovingly as the crowd cheered and clapped for us. After we broke apart I turned my amplified voice off before whispering "Now win for me my love." She winked before the match continued. I was happy beyond words.