Chapter Thirty-Six~War Begins.

-Remus' POV-

It was currently June, 1980. Aurora was out in the garden, showing Ylva the beautiful asters that had grown in the summer weather. Ylva was now nine months old and the happiest little girl ever. She was constantly giggling and always standing up and holding on to our furniture, she was close to walking now. Her favourite game was to repeatedly take blocks out of a bucket and replacing them, it always put so much joy in her face. She was absolutely adorable and we were so proud of her. Aurora was slowing healing after Regulus' death. I had supported her in the darkest of times, and Sirius had apologised for the way he spoke about him before the funeral, so they had now their close relationship back. I waved back at Aurora through the window when an owl with a letter suddenly landed on the dining room table. I opened it up and recognised Dumbledore's writing instantly. "Dear Remus, I am requesting for you, and perhaps Aurora and your daughter, to join me immediately in the upstairs area of The Three Broomsticks for a very, very important meeting. I hope to see you there. Best wishes, Albus Dumbledore." It read. I raised my eyebrows before going outside. "Dumbledore is holding an important meeting in The Three Broomsticks, he asked if you and Ylva wanted to join me in meeting him." I informed her. She nodded. We decided to go via a Muggle car (with magic additions) as it was the safest way to take Ylva with us.

Ylva fell asleep in the pram as soon as we arrived at the pub. With help from the levitation charm, we managed to allow the pram to gracefully get up the stairs without waking her up. As soon as we entered the room, we were surprised to see a huge amount of people, including Sirius, James, a very heavily pregnant Lily and Peter. Albus greeted us with a smile and summoned chairs for us both with enough space to fit the pram in between. The others that were there were Fabian and Gideon Prewett, Caradoc Dearborn, Edgar Bones, Minerva McGonagall, Benjy Fenwick, Marlene McKinnon, Frank and a very pregnant Alice Longbottom, Hagrid, Dorcas Meadowes, Alastor Moody, Dedalus Diggle and Elphias Doge. "Thank you all for joining me. The reason I have summoned you all here was to propose an idea. I would like to make an official fighting force against Voldemort. There are too many deaths. We need to stop him and the death eaters. I will call it the Order of the Phoenix. Who will volunteer to join me in this force to stop this once and for all?" Dumbledore asked. There was agreement all around the table. "Lily, you can't join. You're due to have our son next month." James insisted to her. She rolled her eyes. "Correct, but it's not like I'm going to be on the battlefield is it? I want to join to be involved in strategy discussions. I want to be informed of everything. I want to use our house as a shelter, or as somewhere where members can heal." She explained. He nodded and kissed her cheek. "If it's okay with Remus, I'd like to offer my house for the same reason. I can't fight either, now I have Ylva." Aurora said. I nodded in acceptance. We all wrote our names down on a piece of paper to sign up.

Signing the piece of paper was exciting, and yet terrifying. The war was officially upon us after hovering over our lives for the past few years. I feared more for the safety of our little girl. I was determined to fight to make the world she would grow up in a better place. She deserved to live in a peaceful era, where she can feel secure and happy, not in constant anxiety about who would go missing next who was close to her, or who would be Voldemort's next victim to kill.