Chapter Thirty-Five~All Dressed In Black.

-Aurora's POV-

A week after Regulus' death, the funeral arrived. I had to force myself out of bed, today was going to be incredibly painful, but I was willing to go through it for Regulus. I looked through my wardrobe for appropriate clothes before finding one of my beautiful black dresses. It was a simple, plain design that came to my knees and had laced sleeves. I decided to wear my black trench coat over it, with black tights and Victorian styled boots. I searched through my jewellery box and felt tears well up in my eyes as my hand touched the necklace he gave me when he was just seven years old. "Happy birthday Rora, I bought you this colour because I like it when your hair goes green like that. It's my favourite." I remembered Regulus saying to me. It was green. I put it on and smiled as I changed my hair to emerald green in his memory. After I composed myself, I walked down the stairs to find Sirius chatting to Remus. "Hi sis, I've just got here. I was about to ask if you and Remus wanted to go somewhere. But you already look like you're going out." Sirius said. I nodded. "I'm going to Regulus' funeral." I replied weakly. He looked extremely confused. "Why?" He asked bewildered. "Because he's our brother, Sirius." I answered. "He was our very selfish and stupid brother who got himself into his own mess." He muttered. I felt myself getting angry. "Look, I didn't ask you to come, and I don't expect you to. You two never saw eye to eye. I'm going because I loved him so much and him not being here is causing me pain. He had a good heart. And no one will see me in there because James has lent me his cloak.  I'm going to be late so I'll see you." I spat back at him before barging past and apparating away. What Sirius said hurt me, but he despised him. I just hoped he would come to his senses.

I arrived at the church and hid from view as I put the cloak over me. I slowly made my way towards the entrance. A burning anger rose in my stomach as I saw my mother, but I tried to suppress it for respect for Regulus. I saw my father too, and my cousins Narcissa and Bellatrix with their parents and Narcissa and Bellatrix's husbands Lucius and Roldolphus. I sat at the very back and took a deep breath as the coffin was slowly carried in. I watched it go past with tears streaming down my cheeks. The atmosphere not only looked gloomy, but felt gloomy. Everywhere I looked there were no smiles; it reminded me of bad memories when I used to sit in my room crying over how badly my mother treated me. I hate this, why did he have to die? Even the seats weren't very comfortable, I had to re-position myself a few times before I could sit properly. And top it off, the chairs had pillows of Regulus' favourite colour: green, a strong emerald green. I looked forwards to see that two large candles were on either side of the casket and a flower arrangement now lay on top of it. My mother and the man who conducted the service both made speeches before Regulus was taken outside, where he would now be buried.

I followed the crowd outside. I found a tree to stand behind where I could take off the cloak but yet still be hidden and still watch the ceremony. The man said final words. The funeral staff stayed and made sure the casket was lowered as my family started to depart. The grave stone was placed immediately. No flowers were placed by my family, which made me feel angry. Once the coast was clear, I emerged from behind the tree and made my way to the grave. I went down on my knees. I gently placed my hand on the cold stone, afraid that it'll break under my touch. I stroked the rough writing with my finger and closed my eyes. "Are you in there?" I asked, my voice trembling, almost as a whisper. I conjured flowers from my wand and leant them against it. "There, your grave looks more beautiful now." I sighed. One single tear trickled down my face and I brushed it away immediately. My eyes were welling up and I squinted to see and suddenly everything was gushing out. I was crying and sobbing, gulping for breath, hiccupping slightly, covering my face in my hands. "Come back! I just want you to come back... you were so brave... so brave... and so young." I slowed to a wail and then to a whimper, under I sounded like a puppy, weak and feeble and heartbroken. "I loved you so much, I missed you everyday when you left me. You're my little brother... you were a part of my soul. Losing you has been the hardest thing. Maybe I'll bring my daughter next time to meet you, you'd think she's really cute Reg. I'll come and keep you company. Don't worry, I'll come back soon. Tomorrow maybe?" My voice was stronger, but my hands were shaking and I was shivering violently. "Tomorrow then. Agreed?..." My voice trailed off and I tried to laugh. "Silly aren't I? Talking to a grave. Whatever-" I never finished, I just hugged his grave like it was really him there, like I was desperate to never let it go. "I love you so much." I whispered weakly before getting up to my feet and disapparating, unable to deal with the excruciating pain any longer.