Chapter Thirty-Seven~The Broken Promise.

-Aurora's POV-

*time skip to August 1981*

War was the most terrifying experience to live in. So many lives had been taken already, including Fabian and Gideon, nearly all of the Bones family, Dorcas, Marlene and Benjy. Caradoc also went missing and no one could find him, so we presumed him to be dead. I watched the storm outside, it was always stormy these days. My almost two year old daughter was talking to her dolls with great animation on her face. "Mummy, where Daddy?" Ylva asked in her very high pitched voice. "Upstairs sweetie, he'll be down soon. Nanna and Grandad are coming in a little while too. They're excited to see you." I informed her. She grinned, her pastel pink eyes twinkling with excitement and joy. I picked her up and kissed her cheek, brushing her mess of light brown hair out of her face. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs before Remus appeared at the door. "Daddy!" Ylva squealed before opening her arms up to him. He picked her up from my lap and span her round. "Hello my beautiful angel." He said softly. Remus started to play with her as I watched them with great happiness. The bond between them was my favourite thing to witness.

The doorbell rang not long after, announcing the arrival of Mr and Mrs. Lupin. I welcomed them in with a smile and led them into the living room. Ylva ran up to them with excitement and gave them both hugs. "Picture." She simply said, before passing them a piece of paper with her little doodles on. "For me and Grandad? Thank you honey." Mrs. Lupin grinned before placing a big kiss on her cheek, which caused her to go into a huge fit of giggles. "How are you doing pumpkin?" Mrs. Lupin asked me seriously. "I've been better. The deaths of my friends have shook me, but Remus and my little star are bringing me through it. I just want us all to be safe and this war to be over soon. It's been far too long." I admitted. They both nodded. "This little one needs a better world to grow up in for sure." Mr. Lupin added. We signed and watched her. "That's what fears me the most. She doesn't deserve this dangerous society. She's far to innocent and precious." I replied. Remus placed a kiss on her forehead, then held my hand across the room. "Then we'll keep fighting until that happens." He insisted. I smiled at him and agreed.

Mr and Mrs. Lupin were reading to Ylva when the door knocked again. I got up to answer it and grinned at the sight of Sirius. "I need to talk to Remus, can I come in?" He asked in a very tired voice. I nodded with concern before leading him inside. "HELLO UNCLE SIRI" Ylva yelled. Sirius' worried face broke into a smile as he locked eyes with her. "Hello trouble." He replied before sighing as the worried face returned. "What's brought you here Sirius?" Remus questioned him seriously. Sirius looked at me, then at Remus, then at Ylva. "We've got trouble up in Hogsmeade. Death Eater raid. They need back up.  We need you to help us fight. I'm sorry." Sirius admitted. I looked at Remus with great fear. Remus looked at Ylva sadly, and at his parents. "I understand. I'll be there. Just bare with me." He replied. Sirius nodded before giving me a hug and going to wait outside. Remus leant down in front of Ylva who had returned to playing. "Daddy has to go now Ylva. Behave for Mummy, Nanna and Grandad. I'll see you soon sweetheart, Daddy loves you so much." He said softly. Ylva hugged him tightly as he kissed her all over her face. He kissed his mother on the cheek and hugged his father tightly. "Make us proud son." Mr. Lupin told him. Remus nodded before finally approaching me. He took both of my hands into his and sighed as I started to cry. "Hey, it's going to be alright. I'll be back really soon. Don't worry about me beautiful. Promise me you'll stay here. Don't come after me, stay here with Ylva." He insisted. I nodded and hugged him tightly, not wanting to let him go. "Please be careful. I'm going to miss you so much. Look out for Sirius." I cried. He nodded and smiled reassuringly. "I love you to the..." He started off as he played with my hair in his fingers. "Moon and back." I whispered before kissing his lips. He kissed me again quickly before leaving me be.

Ylva sat with me on the chair as I was twisting my hands in my lap. My hair colour kept changing to different colours, to signify the anxiety and stress I was feeling. I tried to distract myself with things, but none of them worked. I just wanted Remus to walk through the front door. An hour passed and I couldn't take it anymore.  I got up to my feet and started pacing the room. "I'm going after him. I don't care. I'm going after him." I said. Mr and Mrs. Lupin looked at me with great concern. "But what about Ylva?" Mrs. Lupin questioned. "She's safe with you. I can't just sit here not knowing if Remus is perfectly fine or the opposite. I can't stand it. I just need to see it for myself. He's the love of my life, I can't stand the thought of losing him, or him struggling out there." I explained. "Aurora, you could die out there. The danger is surreal.  Your daughter needs you here." Mr. Lupin insisted. I looked at Ylva and sighed. "If I die, then it'll be for making her world safer and to protect her father. I'm sorry, but I'm not changing my mind. I need to fight." I replied. They nodded, accepting their defeat. I picked Ylva up and cuddled her. "Mummy is going to find Daddy, okay sweetheart? Mummy loves you with all her heart, never forget that. You're the most important part of my life, but so is Daddy." I told her before kissing her cheek. Her dark blue eyes looked at me in a way that looked sad. "Bye Mummy." She said back before kissing my cheek. I beamed at her before placing her on the ground. I smiled at Mr and Mrs. Lupin before apparating.