Chapter Thirty-One~Our Family Addition.

-Aurora's POV-

It was 3 in the morning and I was on the way to a specialist wizardry hospital with Remus as the time had come. Our daughter was coming. The pain was almost unbearable but I kept telling myself that our family would be incomplete without it. I was rushed to a delivery room where Healers who specialised in baby delivery surrounded me. Remus took my hand as I controlled my breathing, determined to get it over with. I followed the instructions given by the Healers precisely. With one final, big push, a sound of crying could be heard as my daughter was finally with us. I watched them like a hawk as they cleaned her up, removed the umbilical cord before placing her carefully into my arms.

She felt like a little sack of flour, she seemed so light and precious. She smelt like a combination of fresh air, ivory soap, and lavender. I placed a kiss on her forehead where almost straight full head of hair sat, her skin beneath my lips felt like a piece of lotioned tissue paper. She was so smooth and soft. She finally opened up her eyes, which were squinting slightly and they locked with mine. "Hello beautiful. It's your mummy." I whispered with absolute joy. I felt so much love and adoration immediately for this little bundle of joy, that I automatically forgot any trying time I had experienced during the pregnancy or birthing process. I was totally amazed by the perfection of this little treasure and the fact that I have nurtured it all these months. "Here, go to your daddy." I smiled before passing her to Remus', whose eyes lit up as soon as she was in his arms.

I could see a bond between this precious little girl and her father as they looked at each other. Remus looked down at her with so much happiness and love. Her tiny little finger wrapped around his little finger as he carried on looking into her eyes. "She's perfect." He beamed. As I watched them, I saw his eyebrows raise with surprise. My heart sank with panic. "Is everything okay Remus? You look very taken aback all of a sudden." I asked eagerly. "Her eye colour keeps changing, they were blue and now they're bright purple." He announced. A huge smile stretched across my face. "She's a metamorphmagus like me. Except, her eyes change. When I was born, it was my hair that kept changing." I reassured him. He looked extremely relieved to be reassured that our daughter was definitely not a werewolf, but instead took my abilities.

Remus sat down with her on the chair next to me and we both smiled down at her. "Ylva Estrella, me and your mother love you so much. You've just been born and yet I can see our future in your forever changing eyes. I promise to be the loving and devoted father you need, I will protect you from harm, hug you when you're sad and happy, teach you the ways of life and to make you laugh until you cry. Your face now holds the baby you were and the young woman you will become.  Your mother's eyes and chin and my nose combine into someone unique, someone purely you.  I beg of you not to lose sight with your own beauty. If you do not believe it yourself, I will tell you how beautiful you are. I hope, no matter what I do, I will make you the happiest little girl in this universe." Remus told her sweetly. I felt tears brim in my eyes at all the precious things he told her. I smiled at them both before taking her back into my arms to see her eyes were now bright yellow. "You're the best thing that's happened to me Ylva, I'm already so proud to be your mother. You're going to be a brilliant asset to the world." I informed her before kissing her forehead again.