Chapter Eighteen~The Accident.

-Aurora's POV-

As he always was on a day of a full moon, Remus was tense and nervous. He was extremely quiet and kept himself to himself. "We will try and sneak out tonight mate." James insisted. James, Sirius and Peter had landed themselves a detention with Professor Sprout for ruining one of her plants as a joke. Remus nodded. They had not let him down yet so he had their full confidence. I spent the day studying and comforting Remus. When evening fell, I sat in my dormitory, waiting for news from Remus. A letter soon arrived and worry filled me when I saw his writing had been messed up as if he was in a panic when writing it. It read: "Aurora, I have smashed my last supply of wolfsbane. I'm dangerous and I transform in around an hour, but I'm scared. Inform the boys." I cursed to myself before writing a quick note and begging the owl to find them as soon as possible. A reply came around half an hour later. "Aurora, we were caught by McGonagall, so we can't support Moony. Listen, DO NOT GO THERE, it's far too dangerous, and I have the cloak with me, Sirius is especially insisting for you not to go, so please listen to us, James." I read quickly. Shoot. Remus was going to be all by himself, and at risk to himself. But seeing him would risk my life, but surely love is worth the risk? I decided to ignore them and sneak out the castle carefully, avoiding every opportunity where I would be spotted, before making my way to the shrieking shack. The air was cold and crisp and made me shiver. I took the Whomping Willow passage to the shack, and it wasn't long until I heard Remus' quite sobs to himself. I could feel my heart sinking.

I pushed the door open to reveal him counting in the corner. He jumped up, looking a little startled at the sight of me. "Aurora? What are you doing here? It's too dangerous." Remus asked worryingly. "I don't care. I'm worried about you, I don't want you to hurt yourself." I replied. "And I don't want to hurt you, you can't be protected like this. You should go." Remus sighed. I shook my head. "I'm not leaving you Remus." I informed him sternly. He ran his hands through his hair in a stressful manner. "I can't deal with this. You could die! I'm not losing you! No way! Please, leave while you can." He shouted with impatience. "You can protest all you like. Last time you were alone, before the potion, you almost killed yourself. I'm not letting that happen again. I'm staying and that's final." I told him back. He kicked the cupboard with frustration. "Fine!!!!" He growled before sitting down again and counting once more. After sitting in silence, a sudden illumination of light filled the room. I looked at Remus, he had turned pale with fright. "It's going be okay." I said before the transformation started.

Remus stood rigid in the moonlight, I stared at him in fear as his eyes began to change from their normal bright green to an insane yellow glow. He screamed in agony as his knees reversed direction and his bones shifted inside of him. His face contorted as the long wolf's muzzle extended out in front of him, and he fell foreward onto his hands. His screams turned into a long howl as the dark fur sprouted from his body, and his clothing tore itself from his body as his muscles increased in size. He started to whimper in a frightened tone, so I took the opportunity to slowly approach him. "Remus, I know you're in there. Your heart is there. The heart that makes you human, not a monster. Fight it. Fight the monster inside of you. Don't let it control you. I love you, it's alright." I said softly. For a brief moment, his yellow eyes flashed back to green and pierced into mine as if Remus was shining through them, I thought I had managed to allow him to control himself, but the beast inside him won. He raised his paw and slashed my side with his blade sharp claws, I cried out in pain as I staggered backwards into the wall and collapsed onto the floor, holding my side in pain as I saw the blood flowing through my fingers. The beast went to strike again, but something inside him stopped. With a hurt howl, the werewolf ran outside, leaving me alone. My breathing became uneasy, and my vision blurry. I was losing so much blood. I could feel myself slipping away. I heard my name being called in the distance as I faded into unconsciousness.