Chapter Thirty-Nine~Broken Beyond Repair.

-Remus' POV-

"Aurora? Can you hear me? Stay with me, everything is going to be okay." I said to my very weak wife in my arms. Her eyes were open and locked with mine. A small smile appeared on her lips. "You're so beautiful, I've never told you that in all the years we've been together, I'm sorry." She whispered. I smiled down at her and brushed her hair from her face. "You're really apologising for not complimenting me? You never cease to surprise me." I admitted. She giggled, but as she did so, she coughed up blood. My heart sank to the bottom of my chest. I started to cry and she looked at me sadly. "Hey, why are you crying? I'm okay, I'm not afraid of dying Remus. I'm going to a better place now." She reassured me. "I don't want you to go... you're my life..." I told her sadly. She placed her grazed and bloody hand on my cheek and sighed. "I'll still be here, but instead of alive in my own body, I'll be alive within our daughter, and in your heart. Please do not let my death cause you too much sorrow, I want you to be happy... And Ylva to be happy. I want you to give Ylva my wand... And my charm bracelet... it's got our memories in each bead... she's got a part of me then, please tell I love her everyday-  and don't be afraid to fall in love again... I just want you to be eternally happy... like how you've made me eternally happy. I love you." Aurora told me softly. I shook my head holding her hands in mine, begging for her to stay with me. "I love you too. I will always love you. You've been the light of my life... a world without you will be forever dark..." I cried.

A small smile appeared on her lips. All of a sudden, I watched the light leave her eyes, her hand was growing cold and stone-like in my grasp. Every single second I had shared with her passed across my mind. I felt like there was a whole weight on my heart. It felt like it was sinking. It felt like nothing's going to get better and there's nothing to look forward to. I started to think, what is the point of living my life if she's gone? I felt numb. The world seemed darker than even before. It was hard to process that I'll never hear her speak again, laugh again, I'll never see her do anything, it's like she was a fragment of my imagination, I grasped onto the memories of her, but the memories all seemed like a dream. Our life experiences flashed before my eyes, I kept my hand on where her heart once beated, hoping to feel it pulsing again, hoping to hear her telling me to stop crying, but nothing happened. It hurt even more whenever I looked into her eyes, it didn't hold that sparkle or the personality it once had. They would never again hold a frown, wink or blink. They were just an empty shell, as if they were never alive, they were never real, that no one carried those eyes with them. My tears splashed on her pale and blood stained cheeks as I leant my forehead on hers, finally letting out my pain and frustration about her death in the form of harsh and loud sobs and screams. I hated how unfair life was. I hated this war. I hated the world.

"Rora... no... no..." I heard Sirius say weakly before he dropped down onto his knees beside me. Our sobs were harmonising together as the last of the death eaters were finally defeated. "We've got to get her body out of here..." Frank said from behind us sadly. I refused to let her go, gripping onto her tightly, shaking her, hoping for any sign of life. "Come on Remus, let go, she's gone, it's okay. She's in a better place..." Alice said with a gentle and sympathetic voice. I let Aurora's body go and staggered backwards. "W-What am I going to tell Ylva?" I asked with a hoarse voice. "The truth... that she died fighting to make her world a better place. She died a valiant death." Lily suggested kindly. I took a deep breath and smiled slightly. Lily was right. My wife was brave, and strong. She fought to protect our family, she fought for future generations. She did not die in vain, she died a beautiful and gifted warrior. And she was not afraid of what death entailed. She would simply be another star in the sky now, along with her brother Regulus. She would shine the brightest without a doubt. My star. My love. My life. My universe. Aurora Carina Lupin.