Chapter Fifteen~Leaving The Nest.

-Aurora's POV-

My fifth year at Hogwarts came very quickly, fourth year had been full of sneaking around and comforting Remus. Remus, we had been together for almost two years now and I was so in love with him. He was my sunlight on a rainy day. We often spoke of our future and what it would entail. I knew whatever we were doing, or wherever we would be, it was going to be a very happy life. It was currently the Christmas holidays, and the rain was pouring down at a high speed and tapping against my window. I was lying on my bed, flicking through the pages of the astronomy book that Remus got me years ago, smiling at every memory that came with every chapter. All of a sudden, I heard screams and shouting from downstairs coming from my mother and Sirius. I quickly put my book down and listened in.

"You dare speak against the dark lord! What he is doing is right!" I heard my mother shout. "Right? RIGHT? He's murdering innocent people! That's not right, it's sick!" Sirius bellowed. "He's killing muggles and muggle-borns!! That's what they deserve!!" My mother spat back. "Then I'll fight him off when I get the chance! They are human beings! This is pure cruelty and you are twisted in your minds to agree with it! And you, Regulus, planning to become one of his followers? Mother really has manipulated you!" Sirius insisted. "You dare speak to your brother and I in that manner! Regulus is the perfect son, he is following the right path! I wish you were never born! You are a disgrace to the family name with your Gryffindor and pro-muggle pride!! You are no son of mine!" She shouted at the top of her voice. I put my hands over my mouth. "I'VE HAD ENOUGH. I HATE YOU, YOU COMPLETE BITCH! I AM ASHAMED OF YOU BEING MY MOTHER, YOU'RE VINDICTIVE, CRUEL AND CRAZY! I'M GOING AND I'M NEVER COMING BACK TO THIS PIECE OF A SHIT YOU CALL A FAMILY! BURN IN HELL WITH VOLDEMORT!!" Sirius bellowed furiously before I heard the door slam and him storming up the stairs.

As Sirius was waking to his room, he stopped at mine and looked in through the gap before sighing and stepping inside. Tears were dripping down my cheeks. "I'm sorry you had to hear all that Rora. You don't deserve to hear her speak to me like that." He said softly. "Are you really leaving here? For good?" I questioned weakly. He took a deep breath before sitting next to me and putting an arm around me. "Yes." He admitted. I started to cry more. "But I'll be all alone here, you're the person who keeps me sane." I sobbed sadly. "I know, but I just can't stay here Aurora, not any longer. It kills me." He stated seriously. I nodded. "But, where will you go? I don't want you on the streets." I asked curiously. "I'll live with James. His parents have been waiting for this day for ages." He informed me. I smiled a little. "Runaway too Aurora, you don't deserve to be here. Try asking Remus, I don't want you to stay here with them lot. Please, it's too dangerous." Sirius suggested after a moment's silence. I sighed before completely agreeing. "I'll write him, I love you Sirius." I whispered softly. He hugged me tightly, kissing my forehead before leaving me alone. I watched him walk away in the rain before I started writing to Remus. My letter read "Remus, I don't know how to put this, but I'm running away. Sirius has had a huge row with my mother and so I'm lost. I'm sorry to ask, but is there any possibility I could live with you? It's too dangerous here, and I am unable to stay with my cousin Andromeda. I have nowhere to go. I'm sorry, I love you. Yours, Aurora x" I attached it to the house owls foot before watching him fly away. Just a few minutes later, his reply arrived. "Aurora, my love, gather all your things and come straight away, you can use the knight bus again. I want you to be safe and happy, please don't apologise. My parents are happy to welcome you into our home, you know how much they adore you, as do I. I'll see you soon? Be careful, I love you too, more than you know. Yours, Remus x" I smiled before grabbing my stuff together.

As I packed my suitcase away, I heard footsteps outside my room before my door slowly opened. "Aurora, what are you doing with all your stuff?" Regulus asked curiously. I sighed. "I'm leaving, I'm running away and I'm never coming back." I told him plainly. His eyes widened before he stepped into my room and closed the door behind him. "Please don't leave Aurora, just because Sirius has gone, it doesn't mean you have to." Regulus begged. "Nothing you will say will change my mind, I just can't stay here, I can't stand living here, living with her. She's cruel and she hates me, why should I stay?" I insisted. Regulus looked at me sadly. "I'm sorry, but, it's my final decision. Good luck in all you do, I only hope that some sense will be knocked into your head." I added. He nodded before surprisingly giving me a hug. "Good luck, I'll miss you." He admitted. "Goodbye, Regulus. I guess I'll miss you too, after all, you're my little brother." I smiled. Regulus left the room before I summoned Kreacher. "Mistress Aurora." He greeted politely before bowing. "Kreacher, I need you to give this to my mother as soon as I leave here. I'm running away. And I need you to look after Regulus for me. I thank you for your hospitality, you deserve to be treated better, you're a great house elf, I owe you." I spoke to him kindly. Kreacher bowed again before smiling. "Kreacher thanks you Mistress Aurora, Kreacher will miss his mistress when she is gone. She has shown so much kindness to Kreacher." He cloaked as he cried a little. I grinned before grabbing the rest of my things and leaving my room, taking in the surroundings one last time. The note I wrote my mother simply stated "Dear mother, I have ran away. I dislike living here so much, you have shown nothing but neglect and cruelty to me over the last few years and I hate it. I'm not happy here, and certainly not happy with the way you treated Sirius or Kreacher. If you are wondering where I'm going, I'm going to live with my boyfriend. In sure you'd approve, he's of half-blood and a werewolf, and I love him. Don't look for me, Aurora."

The rain was still pouring as I stepped outside the house, as soon as I boarded the knight bus, I closed my eyes and breathed. I had escaped. I was going to live with my boyfriend and his beautiful and kind parents. Nothing could have made me happier.