Chapter Thirty~The Next Step.

-Remus' POV-

"Oh my goodness Remus, I'm so excited!" Aurora squealed to me as we walked through the entrance of a local hospital. Today, Aurora and I were going to find out whether we were having a son or a daughter. I could barely hold in my excitement too. I approached the desk on the maternity ward to be greeted with a smiling lady.  "Good morning, we have an appointment for Miss. Aurora Black, at 10 sharp." I greeted her politely. The lady checked her system before nodding. "Go straight to room three, the midwife should be waiting for you." She informed us. We thanked her before knocking on the door of room three. A midwife showed us inside and greeted us with hand shakes. "Please lie down on the bed for me, Miss. Black and roll up your top for me please. Mr. Lupin, if you would take the chair next to it. Now, I believe you wish to learn of the sex today?" She questioned. We nodded enthusiastically. "No worries at all." She smiled before applying the cold jellylike substance to Aurora's bump and moving a monitor across it.

Butterflies always took flight in my stomach when our baby's heartbeat was heard and a image of it appeared on the fuzzy screen. "Everything is looking perfectly normal, now bare with me while I get the results of what sex it is for you." She said before leaving the room briefly. She returned with a copy of the scan and a warm smile on her face. "Miss. Black, Mr. Lupin, I'm pleased to announce to you that you are having a little girl." She announced. I grinned from ear to ear before kissing Aurora happily. "I can't believe it! A daughter! Words can't explain how happy this makes me! Thank you!" Aurora told the midwife. She nodded and passed her the scan before discharging her. I beamed at the scan while Aurora went to the bathroom quickly. On the way home, we started to discuss names. We went through a lot of names before we settled on one together. Aurora invented the first name, and I provided the middle name. "Ylva, pronounced like Ill-Va. Wolf in Swedish. I want our daughter to have something that represents you." Aurora said. I grinned and nodded with acceptance before saying "Estrella for the middle name. Star in Spanish. Ylva Estrella Lupin." Her eyes lit up. I was so excited to welcome our daughter into the world.

As soon as we arrived home, Aurora was very surprised to find Sirius, James and Lily waiting outside for us. "We did everything you asked Remus, Rora's going to love it." James said. Aurora looked at us all suspiciously before taking my hand and raising her eyebrows at everyone as they all winked at her and wished me good luck. I led her upstairs and put my hands over her eyes as we reached the door to the nursery. I carefully led herself and grinned to myself at the surroundings. I lifted my hands up so she could see. "Oh my goodness... I-I don't know what to say... Remus, it's beautiful." She sobbed as she looked at the newly decorated nursery done by Sirius, James and Lily while we were away (I contacted the sex secretly by letter while she was distracted). A patchwork pink and red blanket lay in the cot, a beautiful doll house that belonged to my grandmother sat in the corner, a rainbow was painted on the ceiling, the main walls were a very pastel pink, on the wall on the right hand side was an amazingly painted wolf and a constellation of stars in his eyes. A gap had been left above the wolf, in which I passed a paintbrush to Aurora to fill it. "I thought you could write our daughter's name." I suggested. She kissed me in agreement before carefully and beautifully writing "Ylva Estrella Lupin" on the wall in a neat, curled manner.

As soon she turned around, tears filled her eyes to see me down on one knee with a ring in my hand. "Aurora, you've changed my life in more ways than you think. You've bought so much light into my previously dark place. No one will ever hold my heart the way you do. You're so beautiful and I often ask myself what I did to deserve you. I'm forever grateful for destiny, as it brought you to me. Just being here with you now, in our daughter's nursery feeling excited about the future years to come with our family is what keeps my heart beating fast. I've fallen in love with you everyday. You're the one I want to grow old with, and to keep loving and cherishing for eternity. So all I ask, is... Aurora, my star, my lover, my best friend, the mother of my child, that you'll marry me?" I questioned her nervously. Her hair flashed a hundred colours before it settled on pink. "Of course I'll marry you, I love you." She screamed before kissing me and letting me slide the ring on her finger. I kissed her again and held my hands on her tummy, and enjoying the moment. As I held her, I felt Ylva kick. Maybe this was her way of expressing her happiness about her Mummy and Daddy getting married?