Chapter Seventeen~Befriending "The Enemy".

-Aurora's POV-

"Hey sleepy head, time to wake up sweetheart." Remus whispered softly to me as I heard the bedroom door open slightly. It was now January and was time to go start the new year and to return to Hogwarts. Christmas day was a beautiful moment, I had never felt so loved. On new years day, Remus and I stayed at home and read books all day, and it was just perfect. Sirius had visited on Christmas day with James briefly and he too seemed much happier. Regulus was missing me at home but he was okay. "Mum told me that she has something to give you." Remus informed me. I raised my eyebrows before nodding. He left me to get changed into muggle clothing before I joined him and his parents downstairs. "Good morning Aurora." Mr. Lupin greeted me politely. "Good morning." I returned with a smile before having pancakes placed down in front of me by Mrs. Lupin. "Before you and Remus leave, remind me that I have something to give you." Mrs. Lupin insisted. I nodded and proceeded to eat my breakfast. The pancakes were to die for, all of the cooking by both Mr and Mrs. Lupin were to die for. Once I grabbed my bag and called Maya downstairs, Mrs. Lupin walked up to me with a wrapped up gift in her hand. "Open it, please." She encouraged. I took it from her before opening it up. It revealed an absolutely beautiful notebook with a floral design that had the year 1912 etched beautifully across it. "This was my mother's. She wrote the accounts of the first world war in the muggle world from 1914-1918 and about how much she missed my father. I then had it for my studies, and for the second world war in the muggle war, and now I want you to have it. Your O.W.L. exams are coming up this year, and I think this will help you organise your mind. Lyall has cleared the data and renewed the dates for you." Mrs. Lupin informed me. "That is incredibly kind of you, I don't know what to say. Thank you, so much. I will treasure it." I gasped. She hugged me tight. "If you wish to read my mother's or my story at any time, Lyall says you just cast revealo at it and you'll be able to see it. Good luck, we'll see you both at Easter." She grinned. We nodded before hugging them both and leaving for King's Cross via muggle transportation.

As soon as Remus ran through the wall to get to platform 9 and 3/4, I heard my name being called enthusiastically. I looked to my left to see Sirius run towards me with his trolley. A huge grin stretched across my face. I ran into his arms and welcomed his hug. "I've missed you Rora." He sighed. "I've missed you too Sirius, come on, let's go find somewhere to sit." I smiled. We all boarded the train and found a compartment to sit in, Peter had to stand outside in the corridor. James also greeted me with a hug and a smile. "Have you thought about what subjects you want to take up as N.E.W.T levels if you get your grades?" Sirius asked curiously. I nodded. "Definitely want to do astronomy and potions, and defence against the dark arts. I'd like to do charms too, and transfiguration." I answered. "What job are you aiming for them?" James asked. "Somewhere in the ministry." I replied. They all nodded, looking impressed. I felt excited about the future, and what it would hold. Maybe I would get married? Have children? I looked at Remus and smiled, the thought of spending my life with him. He caught my gaze and grinned before holding my hand. I mouthed "I love you." to him and he blushed before mouthing it back to me. I was incredibly happy.

My first lesson was Potions the next day. Professor Slughorn was incredibly impressed with my efforts. As I left the classroom, I heard a loud smash on the floor. I turned my head in the direction it came from to see Severus Snape on the floor trying to collect his belongings with potion ingredients rolling on the floor. I quickly rushed to his aid. At the sight of me, he backed away, clearly started. "Please don't. Leave me alone." He insisted. "Hey, I'm not going to tease you, I'm here to help. Reparo." I stated whilst putting all the jars back together with the ingredients back intact. "Thank you." Severus muttered under his breath. "No problem, listen, I'm sorry for how my brother, James and Peter treat you. You don't deserve to be humiliated in that way, and I'm sorry for your loss of your friendship with Lily Evans. It must have hurt. I know that is was all my brother's and James' fault that pressured you to call her a, well you know what. I'm sincerely sorry." I admitted to him sadly. A small smile stretched across his lips. "Thank you." He repeated, but this time, a lot more confidently before running away to his next lesson. "I thought I was the only Slytherin you could stand." I heard a familiar voice tease from an empty classroom behind me. "Regulus!" I gasped before running into my little brother's arms. "Hey." He grinned happily. "How are you? I've missed you so much little brother." I wondered curiously. "I'm okay. Home is not good." Regulus replied honestly. "What's mother done now?" I questioned. "You and Sirius are no longer on the family tree, as expected. Kreacher misses you. Mother kicked him when he mentioned it in her presence. It was so cruel." Regulus sighed. I sighed too, feeling so sorry for Kreacher. "Listen, I've got to get to charms. It was so nice seeing you, I'll see you at the next Quidditch match." I smiled. He laughed and nodded before hugging me. Helping Severus Snape and seeing my brother had put me in such a good mood that I couldn't stop smiling.