Chapter Eight~The Horrific Storm.

-Aurora's POV-

I woke up feeling sick with nerves as today was my first ever Quidditch match against Gryffindor. When looking outside, dark grey clouds painted the sky and raindrops were splashing against the windows. Not the nicest weather for Quidditch. "You shouldn't be nervous Aurora, you're going to be fab." My friend Harriet insisted kindly as she got out of bed opposite me. I smiled slightly before we got changed into our Quidditch robes and made our way to the Great Hall for breakfast. When I entered the Great Hall, I automatically looked for Sirius and the guys. I caught their attention and they waved enthusiastically at me. "Just give me a second Harriet, just going to talk to the boys." I informed her. She nodded. "I'll save you a seat." She announced before walking over to our house table as I approached the Gryffindor table.

James jokingly ignored me when I arrived to where they were sitting. "Your team is going down James, just you watch. You won't know what's hit you." I teased him. He rolled his eyes and laughed. "It'll be pure luck today due to that horrendous storm outside." James admitted. I nodded in agreement. "Are you feeling nervous?" Remus wondered curiously. "Extremely. This is a huge responsibility for me to have being a Seeker. I just hope I don't let them all down." I answered. They all nodded at me. We were all told to make our way to the pitch after half an hour of breakfast. "Be careful. Good luck and I love you little sis." Sirius grinned as I had depart. "Thank you Sirius. I love you too." I replied before joining my team. The howling wind was incredibly noisy when we arrived at the pitch. After receiving a straight to the point motivation speech from Sam, it was time for the match to commence and to start looking for the golden snitch.

A huge roar of cheers erupted as soon as we all walked onto the pitch. As soon as the whistle was blown, we all rose in the cold air. "RORA, RORA, RORA!" I heard Sirius chant very loudly as I flew past the Gryffindor stand. He was also clapping on James who was skilfully scoring goals for the opposite team whilst I was searching for the snitch. As I flew higher and higher in the air, the storm got more horrendous. As the rain violently hit my face, I saw a golden light flash past me. The snitch. Quickly, I turned my broom and fought against the wind to chase it. "Aurora Black has seen the snitch! She's on fire chasing after its path, but will the storm make it more difficult? Here comes the Gryffindor seeker up behind!!! The race is on ladies and gentlemen!!" The Hufflepuff commentator commented. I turned my head to my right briefly to see I was neck to neck with the Gryffindor captain. My determination to catch the snitch increased. Whilst he was distracted, I made a well timed dive and got closer to the snitch. As I reached my arm out to grab the snitch, a terrifying bolt of lightning hit my head. As I felt the snitch fall into my hands, I felt my body leave my broomstick as I tumbled towards the ground from the sky at 20 feet at gathering speed. I lost my consciousness as I heard the horrified screams, preparing for the painful death that was awaiting me.

I felt excessive pain everywhere as I began to come around. I kept my eyes shut after I could hear someone talking to me. "I don't know if you can hear me Aurora, but I just want you to know that you really scared me. I hope you'll be okay. I know we don't speak and I've been cruel to you, but you're still my big sister, and I still love you. Okay?" I heard the nervous voice belonging to Regulus say. "You were always there for me when I was young and had nightmares. Remember? You would come into my room, hold me and tell me a story before making me a hot chocolate to make me feel better. We were so close and now look at us? I'm so sorry. I disagree with your views as much as you disagree with mine, but I still care about you and I'd be lost without my sister, truly." He admitted. I wanted to open my eyes and hug him, but at that thought, I heard more people storming in. "What the hell are you doing here Regulus?" Sirius asked angrily. Regulus let go of my hand. "I'm visiting our sister... I wanted to see if she was alright..." Regulus answered firmly. "Don't pretend you care about her! You've treated her poorly like our mother! You've ignored her when she's been crying at home. You treat her like a disease at home. You have no right to be here after all that. Get out before I throw you out." Sirius yelled. I heard Regulus run out before I heard Sirius approach me with two other people who I assumed was the boys.

"She's very lucky to be alive." I heard Remus say from beside me. The sound of his voice made me open my eyes. As soon as they fluttered open, I saw them all grinning down at me, their hair were soaked from the rain. "Hey, how are you doing?" Sirius questioned, grinning happily at me. "I'm hurting, a lot, but I'm okay. Who won?" I replied. James sighed. "Ravenclaw... you bloody did it..." James informed me. I cheered loudly out of sheer pride. "You gave us a huge scare. Seeing you bolt down from the sky at that speed was horrid to witness. If it wasn't for Flitwick, goodness knows where you'd be." Remus admitted, holding my cold hand in his reassuringly. I felt myself blushing. "Your catching of the snitch was very impressive though Aurora." James said, impressed. I winked before chuckling. "Peter, James and I have a detention in half an hour, we best go. Remus will stay here with you if you like. I believe Harriet is planning to visit later on too." Sirius informed me after checking the clock. I nodded before waving goodbye and feeling butterflies in my stomach once I was left with Remus alone. "Are you hungry?" Remus asked me casually. I nodded. He passed me some sweets before smiling at me sympathetically. "I was conscious when Sirius sent Regulus away." I confessed to him. He raised an eyebrow. "What did your brother say to you? Did you hear?" Remus inquired curiously. "He apologised for how he treats me and that he stills loves me. He started talking about how close we were as young'uns. He was very upset, and guilty." I told him.
"It must have been out of the ordinary to hear that from him after not speaking for so long and after him being so cruel to you at home regularly." Remus guessed. I nodded. "Yes, but I just wanted to hug him. Regulus still has a caring heart." I replied. Remus smiled and nodded. Just as we spoke about random things, my team came running in and bombarded me with questions and praises, leaving Remus to say farewell and leave me to it. I wished he stayed a little longer.