Chapter Thirty-Eight~Last View Of The World.

-Aurora's POV-

Screams were heard as soon as I arrived in Hogsmeade. I ran towards the sound and my heart sank at the sight of the scene in front of me. The now bloodstained cobbled ground was hidden by the many lifeless bodies adorning it and the wands of fallen witches and wizards. On the other side however the battle still ensued. Many spells clashed. Cries of pain and of victory were heard all around. My body started shaking. Even though I was scared to death, I went closer to take a look. One of the victims was a young lady... she had a slit in her neck... I could see all the blood flowing down as I could hear my pulse beating in my ears. Suddenly I tripped and fell down and fell in the blood. I screamed until my voice was hoarse. A chill froze the back of my neck while I could feel the blood on me. I couldn't get up. I looked right to see what was lying next to me. It was another corpse. My teeth were chattering and I couldn't get up. I just let fear overcome me... it was a nightmare. I felt hysterical until a voice saved me.

"Aurora?" Remus questioned curiously. I looked up and burst into tears at the sight of my husband very much alive. He helped me up and I threw myself into his arms. "What are you doing here? Why aren't you with Ylva? You promised me you would stay at home!" Remus insisted. "The thought of you potentially being dead was hard on me. I couldn't stop worrying about you. Not knowing how you were was killing me. I had to come after you, it was causing me so much pain. You're the love of my life. Losing you would be the death of me. Ylva will be safe with your parents. I want to fight with you. I want to fight for Ylva with you. Nothing you can say will stop me. This is my choice."  I admitted honestly. Remus looked down with frustration before sighing and kissing my lips. "You best get your concentration on. It's getting out of hand." He told me before grabbing my hand and running towards where majority of the screams could now be heard.

We both got our wands our immediately, ready to strike when necessary. In the distance, I saw Sirius duelling very well. My heart leapt at the sight of him being in a perfect condition. Remus and I had to separate in order to defeat the different death eaters and creatures. Curses were thrown back and fourth constantly. I feared for my life, and Remus' and my other loved ones on the battlefield. Remus joined me again to fight of a bunch of enemies who were all aiming at me all at once. I hit one death eater square in the chest and he was knocked backwards and died almost instantly. "What a brilliant shot! Did you see that Remus? You're wife is one heck of a fighter!" I squealed with pride and joy. I heard someone scream at me all of a sudden from nowhere. It wasn't so much the pain, but the shock, the surprise, of almost anticipating, feeling the hot, wet pain in my chest from the hole the spell had made. It wasn't what I expected. I had thought there would be more pain. I stumbled, taken aback, still looking dully into the air, not knowing what would come next, just knowing that it was the end. Suddenly everything went completely silent. All movement around me slowed down to an excruciating pace. I could feel my pulse pounding through my body, and escaping in torrents through the open wound. At this moment I felt no pain, I felt no sorrow. I was only amazed by all that surrounded me. I looked down at my hand, and flexed it. I was amazed at how the muscles flexed back and forth perfectly and yet would soon move no more. I fell to the ground, a dull ache forming in my chest. I still could hear nothing, and yet I was calm. As my senses returned, I looked into Remus' eyes, it was there when I truly realised how beautiful he was.