Chapter Twenty-Three~A New Girl Best Friend.

-Aurora's POV-

I was sitting alone at the Quidditch grounds, thinking up some new team strategies when I heard someone come up behind me. "Hi Aurora, mind if I join you?" I heard Lily ask. "No, not at all, please, take a seat. What brings you here to the pitch?" I questioned her curiously. "I like to come here to think or to relax, when no one is practicing, it's peaceful. I suppose you're working on team tactics? Congratulations on becoming captain." She admitted. I thanked her with a smile. "Congratulations on your relationship with James." I offered back to her. She blushed whilst smiling her head off. "I've liked him since day one, I was just waiting for his head to deflate. There's something about him, he drives me insane you know. But his eyes told me that he was my soul mate. What about you and Remus? How did you two get together? You seem to be very in love with each other." She replied. "It was third year. We got along straight away and it didn't take long for me to fall for him. He knew how to brighten my rainy days. Anyway, Remus confessed his feelings for me in my common room after ingeniously answering the riddle correctly and it was so romantic." I smiled. She nodded and patted me on the back before twisting strands of her hair in her fingers.

"Lily, can I ask you something?" I wondered after we spoke of our family backgrounds and how much we adored Hogwarts. She nodded. I took a deep breath before asking "Do you miss Severus?" Lily looked down sadly and sighed with great misery and hurt. "Everyday. Severus, Sev, was my very best friend. I loved him like a brother. He taught me to be proud of my abilities and that I wasn't a freak, but in fact a witch. He showed me great kindness despite of how rough his home was. I wish he had stayed good. Calling me a mudblood hurt me, but not as half as much as seeing him with them boys, messing around with extremely dark magic, speaking highly of that Dark Lord. I fear him." Lily admitted. "I understand. He misses you too." I informed her. She smiled slightly and nodded. "I know." She confessed.

"Seeing as we're being honest, I have another little confession for you." Lily told me after a few moments silence. I looked at her and raised my eyebrow. "Oh yeah?" I encouraged her. She nodded. "I don't just come here for peace and quiet... I come here to fly." She stated. I smirked at her. "Secret Quidditch enthusiast are you huh?" I smiled. She chuckled before nodding. "Show me your skills, I'm intrigued." I laughed. She jumped up excitedly and followed me to my changing rooms where I handed her a spare broom. We both flew up in the air and I instantly saw the happiness in her face with the fact she was flying. We started to play a duo version of Quidditch, and she was really impressive with her skills. "You're a damn good player, why did you never try for the team?" I questioned her out of pure amazement. "Out of pure fear that I would end up knocking James off his broom." She admitted before we both burst into laughter. I knew instantly from that moment that Lily and I were going to be friends for life.