Breath

Tomorrow is the festival and this week has been pretty hectic. This morning Peter has been hibernating in his room. It's probably because Nathan from school is going to beat him up tomorrow.

He's not the only one who worried about the festival. I've been sitting on my bed all day, terrified of seeing Nial.  With my luck I will.

I start phoning Anna to see what time I need to come round her house to see her mum.

"Hey Grace." She says cheerfully down the end.

"Hi, what time shall I come round your house?" I ask as I'm walking past Peters room. Silence comes from it.

"Your both coming, Peter needs to know what to do if in a emergency."

"Ok what time are we coming?" I say for the second time.

"10?" I step down the stairs and stroll into the kitchen. My mum is no were to be seen. Dads at work.

"Yea, ok, I can't find my mum so I need to go." I say slowly as I'm walking from room to room.

"Well good luck finding your mum, Grace, see you at 10."

"K bye." I put the phone down and continue searching. After 5 minutes of looking I get a bit worried

"Hey Peter!!" I scream to him up above. No reply.

"Peter I need your help........it's a emergency!!" I smirk as I hear him running down.

"What! What's wrong!?" He says.

"I need a drink." I order smiling. Peters face gives no funny reaction.

"This is serious grace, you could be, dead right now." I see how offended he looks.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please forgive me!" I plead go down onto my knees and grabbing onto his foot.

"Ok, ok I forgive you, now get off me." He says shaking me off.

"But we do have a problem." I get up and walk around the room.

"What is it?"

"I can't find mum, any where in the house." I say. We both walk into each room searching for her. Then I go to the dinning room and sit.

In the corner of my eye I see something move and I turn to see it. There's mum weeding the grass with May beside her in a baby car chair.

"Found her!" I shout to Peter and run outside.

"Mum, what are you doing outside?" I ask. She turns around.

"Oh hi darling, I've just been weeding the grass, like I was yesterday night." So that's where she was durning the talk with Anna and Peter.

"Ok, I don't want to bother you but, me and Peter are going to Anna house at 10, is that ok?" I ask.

"Yea, it's fine, bye." She says turning back to her weeds. I get back into the house and look at the time. 9:45, nearly time to go.

"Peter we need to go!" I shout

"You don't need to shout that loud, I'm only in the next room." He complains while getting his shoes on. I giggle and open the door.

We walk onto the street and head to Anna's house. I have to guide Peter there as he has no idea where it is.

To be honest I'm really worried about seeing Annas mum. What if I have a power that is really bad and is used for evil! What if I don't have powers and I'm stuck fainting forever!? I realised that my breathing was speeding up and I felt really faint. What's happening to me?!

Peter is now holding me by the shoulders and stopping me from walking.

"Breath, take deep breaths." I try doing that for 10s but when I think about going to Anna's house my breathing gets quicker.

"I....I....I can't! Help me!" I shout.

"Just breath, and don't think about anything other then your breathing." He says. After a while it stops.

"That was a panic attack, I tell you more about them later." I hug him and carry on walking.

*********at Anna's house**********

"Hi you two, come in." Anna greets us at the door. "Mum, they're here!" She shouts upstairs are we follow her into the living room.

"Anna, what's your mum going to do?" I ask.

"I don't know, but I know this is like her second job, finding out people's powers." She says as her mum enters the room and sits next to me.

"So Grace, Anna told me all the details but is there anything that you didn't tell her?" She says.

I couldn't think of anything except the last on was the longest. I look at Peter who's looking down. He knows something.

"Peter do you know anything?" His head jolts up.

"No." He says. He's lying.

"Ok. So grace I have a book here." She says patting a very large book. "And in here there is a list of the not taken powers."

"So if a person dies that power will be free until someone finds out that they have the power?" I ask.

"Well you catch on fast!" Anna's mum says smiling.

"Here is the list of powers that are free:
•wind
•snow
•storm
• earth
• fire
• sound
• healing
So not that much." She says. "But, there is a way you can find out what power you have."

"Will you be able to do it?"

Anna mum grabs my hands and whispers "hinya mana cantan wha Grace Edwards windu"

Suddenly, a ball shows up and starts to hover around me. I look at Anna's mum who just nods her head.

It comes up towards my face. "What can you see Grace?" I look into the glow.

Two people come up, one is on the ground and the other is pinning 'her' down.

"I'll be back for you and that monster." Says the person who's pinning the woman down.

Then it turns to a table with the powers that Anna's mum read out. It starts spinning and spinning, then lands on one. It was blurry so I couldn't see it.

The ball then disappears and I collapse.

Peters POV

She collapsed on the sofa, letting out a small cry.

"Grace?" Anna whispers next to me. Her mum picks Grace up carries her over to me.

"That.....that usually happens only.......only with specials people." She says slowly, gesturing me to get up.

"Is she ok?" Anna asks, holding her hand.

"Get her home, and when she wakes up, don't say anything about what happened unless she asks, ok?" Her mum instructs me.

"Ok."

*************************************

Hi guys! Did you like this chapter? This was a completely not planned chapter so all of this was of the top of my head. I was planning to do the festival in this but my mind goes where it wants to.

Summer is ending soon 😫 so I'll try as much as I can do post in the school week but please don't get angry if I post late.

This chapter has 1135 words in. This is my highest worded chapter!

Bye ~Charlotte~