He's going where his scars met him, where his sister failed

I look up from the phone. My heart beats quickly with fear.

"What's wrong?" Anna asks.

"Flora, she called saying that their in trouble." We stare at each other in silence.

"I'll come with you." She says. At first I shake my head, but then she does the puppy eyes and I can't help saying yes.

I pay for our food and drinks and hurry out the shop.

"Where should we go? The forest or your house?" Anna asks dragging me away from all the crowds.

"The house maybe, let's try that first." I say.

We both run down the streets bumping into people, then ignoring them as they shout at us.

My mind races thinking what could've happened. There could be something wrong with my family, Mum and Dad may have found about my powers, anything! But I knew I had to get there, fast.

After what feels like an age, we reach my house. I puff as I reach the front door, twisting the handle. Locked. Reaching inside my pocket, I scramble for my keys, unlocking the door and rushing inside.

"Peter?! Flora?!" I shout, my voice echoing through the house.

"Maybe their in the forest." Anna whispers behind me.

Eyes swelling up, I run up the stairs and barge into Peters room.

"Flora!" She sits there, hands and legs tied up with a rope and a cloth covering her mouth. Anna comes in from behind me and gasps.

We both untie her, undoing every knot, causing us to have blisters in our fingers.

"Decrin, she's here, she.....she....she took your brother." Flora pants. Fear strikes my heart making my head ache. My face goes pale as snow and I feel my legs give way.

Anna grabs me by the shoulders. "What did she say? Any clues?"

"All she said was: he's going where his scars met him, where his sister failed. I have no idea." They all look at me for answers.

Tears still streaming out my eyes, I bolt through the door, my mind only set on one task, finding my brother.

"Grace, where are you going, we need a plan if we are ever going to get your brother back!" Flora shouts after me.

"I am going to get Peter back, and I will."

Anna POV:

We watch Grace run out the house.

"Grace, she's going to get seriously hurt if she keeps rushing into battles." Flora sighs.

"I don't think you would believe that she wasn't that close to Peter before her powers, they barely talked." I say opening the door slightly.

"Hm." And that's where the conversation ends. I leave the house and chase after Grace.

Flora is right, but sometimes you need to protect the people you love fast because, every second you waste, they could be dying.

And I should know.

**************FLASH BACK*****

"DADDY!" I shout in my 5 year old voice.

"Anna, we need to have a plan." My mum says from behind me.

"But....but daddy is getting hurt, we need to help him!"

"I know sweetie, but we are all going to get hurt if we don't have a plan." She holds me from running to the hospital door.

"No I want my daddy and I need my daddy NOW!" I scream, turning the lights of with my powers. My mum let me free and I sprinted towards my dads room. I open the door and find a man and my dad.

"Oh look, Daniels little girl here to save him. How cute." The man says grabbing the knife from the tabl

"Dont...you dare.....hurt her." My dad puffs getting up from the floor.

"Oh don't worry, I won't hurt your daughter, just you." And that was when the knife went in, when my life crumbled, when my dad died."

"DADDY NOOO!"

******END OF FLASH BACK*****

I'm going to hope that doesn't happen to Grace.

*********************************
*************************************

Hey guys! This is my new chapter in like two weeks. I'm sorry I haven't been posting that much, I've just been really busy with school.

Thankfully it's Halloween half term next week so I'm going to try and post lots of chapters.

Do you like this chapter? I thought of that end bit just now, I never meant for Anna's dad to be dead but that's just how my mind rolls.

Technically I'm posting this on time as it's still a Monday but just really late at night.

Hope you have a nice week

~Charlotte~