34

(Julia's POV)

"So what are you gonna do for college? Are you even gonna go?" Lotti asked me while we sit in our hotel room waiting for the boys to get back from the pool.

"I would love to go actually, but I don't know what I'd want to do" I sigh while I play with the covers of the bed with my hands.

"Well, take your favorite things and make it into a career" she says kneeling down in front of the bed. I start to think of what I want since I'm finally done with online schooling. I like to sing but can you go to college for that? What about art? I absolutely love to draw.

"What about singing and art? I love to sing, I love to draw. I also love fashion!" I say and Lotti nods.

"Yeah there's great colleges in New York, want to check some out today?" She asks and I nod. I jump up and pick out an outfit for touring colleges. I find the perfect one and throw it on. I put on my normal makeup and twirl around for Lotti to examine it. She nods and claps.

"Alright, let's go, I'll text the boys" she says and I nod grabbing my purse and heading out the door with her.

***

"Alright here's the first college" Lotti points and I look at it in awe.

"It's called FIT or Fashion Institute of Technology. They say they're a college of art" she adds. We basically get a tour guide and tour the whole place. We do that for 2 more colleges.

We looked at New York University and Columbia University. They all were amazing colleges but one stuck out to me, and I hope to attend there soon. I did fill out an application and all the Jazz. I facetimed my mom while I did it and she's excited for me.

Right now Lotti and I are back at the hotel sitting with the boys.

"So where were you girls?" Matt asks. I looked at Lotti uncertain if I wanted to tell Matt that I looked at colleges far away from where we live. In fact applied to a college.

"Uh, we... we went for a walk, around the city, went sight seeing since it was her first time here" wow nice save Lotti. They all nod and I look at them like they're dumb. Can't believe they fell for that.

"Okay well you better start packing we've got a 3 am flight" Nash says and we both nod. They go into their room leaving Lotti and I. I look at her and she starts to laugh.

"We went for a walk" I mimic her and that causes her to laugh more. I shake my head and start to pack my clothes away. I change my attire into airplane clothes since I'm just gonna stay awake until our flight so I can get sleep on the plane.

"When are you gonna tell him though" Lotti asks. Good question.

"Whenever my acceptance or decline letter comes maybe" I say and she shakes her head.

"He's gonna be really upset" she continues to pack. I look at her and sigh. He is gonna be upset.

***

"Alright it's 9 now, we'll leave here at 12 so to kill time what should we do?" Nash asks as we're all in their room gathered around.

I look up to Matt as I'm cuddled into his chest. He looks down to me and smiles. I smile back and look away getting butterflies, he still does this to me.

"Hide and seek!" Jack J yells being the little kid he is. We all just agree because we're bored as hell.

We all get up and split into teams. It's Matt and I of course, Lotti and Cam, jack G and Nash, and Hayes and Jack J. Lotti and Cam are counting the first round so we run out of the room and run to the elevator.

The rules are you can hide in the lobby, in the room, or outside by the pool. I press the lobby button and wait for it to open seconds after.

We step out and I grab Matts arm and run into the lobby. We search around for a spot. Matt grabs my hand and we get under a cart that has a long drape covering it.

"This could be long until they find us" he says and I nod agreeing.

"How long until you go back to Virginia?" I ask grabbing his hand.

"End of summer, so we have a couple days of July, August, and a couple days of September" he says and I nod relieved.

The college said if I'm accepted the letter will come in a week or two. I start to shake my leg and Matt touches it and stops it.

"You okay?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah, sorry" I say but he doesn't look convinced.

Someone pulls up the drape and I look and see Cameron.

"You guys talk too loud" he says and I laugh. Matt gets out and helps me too.

"Let's go to the airport" Lotti says and we head back to our room.

***

(Fast forward 1 week, they're all in Cali now)

I got an email from the college saying letters will be out this week so I've been waiting for the mail all day everyday this week.

I see the mailman place the mail into the mailbox and I run out and receive the mail. I run back inside and flip through all the letters until it catches my eye.

My letter. I pick out my phone and call Lotti.

"Lotti come over, it's here" I say and hang up. 1 minute later the door opens and closes. Lotti comes and sits next to me.

"Well open it!" She shouts and I rip it open. I take a deep breath and start to read it.

"We're very happy to inform you, Julia Grier, that you've been accepted to attend to Columbia University in the fall" I read out loud and squeal.

"You did it J!" Lotti screams and I hug her.

"Thank you so much" I say and smile. I look at the letter and it says we start in August. August 17th.

"August 17th is in 4 weeks Lotti what the hell!" I shout and her smile drops.

"What's August 17th" I hear Matt say as he and the boys come downstairs. I freeze while he comes and hugs me.

"What's this?" He asks and try's to grab the letter and I grab it from him. He looks at me confused. I look at Lotti and she glares at me. I sigh and take a deep breath.

"I uh, need to say something" I say and all the boys sit down.

"Okay shoot."

"I'm going to college" I whisper.

"What?"

"I'm attending Columbia University, as in college, in 4 weeks" I say louder and everyone goes silent. Matt stands up and walks out onto the back porch.

"Well we're gonna miss you but I'm really happy for you Jules" Nash says and I get a hug from both him and Hayes. I break away and go out onto the back porch.

"Columbia?! Julia that's in New York!" Matt shouts and I nod.

"I know that Matt but-"

"But what? There's tons of colleges in Virginia even in Cali! But New York?" He runs his fingers through his hair.

I walk up to him and wrap my arms around him.

"Matt I'm sorry, this is what I need, I need to attend college because I'm not famous like you. I need to live my life, go to college, get a job get married and eventually have kids. We'll be fine Matt, you can live with me for a bit if you want. I'm only going for 2 years" I say and he sighs.

"Maybe I can for a bit. But I'm gonna miss you like crazy J. You don't understand how much pain I was in when we did long distance the other time. I just love you to pieces" he says and kisses me.

"I love you too Matty, we'll be fine, I promise" I take his pinky and lock it with mine.

Thanks for reading!! So the next chapter with be the last or the next two! I'm starting a new fan fiction but it's a Jariana one (Justin Bieber and Ariana grande). School is starting soon so I'm not gonna be active!! XOXO