Chapter 11: I can't

"Hey guys, were back!" Alli shouted, as heard her unlocking our front door. I wiped my tears and put on a fake smile.

"Hey.." I jumped out. Our Front door has the perfect view of our living room and kitchen, she looked at me in complete confusion.

"What were you doing behind the counter?"

"I-I was looking for...something?" Ugh. Im so bad at lying.

"Where's Cody?" Jake asked.

"Guest room" I replied turning my back and grabbing a box of sweets on one of the cabinets. Alli came closer to me and whispered "I know you're hiding something, We'll talk about it later"

Alli, this girl knows alot about me. She turned her back and rushed to where Cody and Jake was. I know I should be back there soon or else Cody might find out all of these craps Im feeling. I thought I was okay.. Tears run down my face again, maybe one or two droplets. I wiped them out like nothing happened

"Ash?" I looked to my right and there was Cody again. I felt so sick, I gotta pull this off.

"Hey, I have the sweets" faking a smile "Let's go back to Alli and Jake, we dont want to leave them alone.." I winked at him and he chuckled. I bet he definitely knew what I mean to say.

I dropped the box of sweets on the mat along with the drinks and some indian food, Alli and Jake have bought. They played The perks of being a wallflower, Alli was between Cody and I and Jake was next to Cody. The bed in our guestroom was a folding one and It was amazing to sleep on the floor rather than in the bed... Well ofcourse we took alot of comforters to make it a bit soft.

I flickered my eyes a couple of times, Everyone was sleeping. I turned the TV off, since no one was next to me it was much more easier to look at the window. From this view, I could only see the stars in the sky, not the trees surrounding our house. The guest room was located at the backmost of our house, giving a perfect view of our backyard. I looked at my cellphone's time its 3:45 am

Then it hit me again..

Cody

I dont think any words, music, quotes or even advices could make me feel better. Do you know how much it hurts when you've been with the person you love for a decade and being without them for a year feels like hell? I know Im being over dramatic but I was just thinking how scary to know that you could spend days, months, even years getting to know a person, and in the blink of an eye, they could be completely gone.

I didn't noticed that tears were falling on my eyes, I had to breathe in my mouth so I wont wake anyone by the sound of my clogged nose.

"Ashlyn?" Cody mumbled. I wiped my tears away and turned around, his eyes were still closed the light on our backyard shines through the window making it clear to see Cody's face I could see he's trying hard to open it even though he was too sleepy. I got up and put on my jacket, I slowly closed the door behind me and ran on the swing in our backyard (look at the picture to know what I'm talking about, remember its happening at night)

Im glad I got out of the house before Cody could hear how Im crying. I brought my knees near my face and just buried my face in between my knees. I cried and cried, God knows how long Ive been crying...

*End of Ashlyn's POV*

*Cody's POV*

I awoke by the sound of Alli snoring. I looked up the ceiling, I remember how I always love to watch Ash sleep. I sat up straight and looked to where Ash was sleeping..but she wasn't there. I looked at my phone's time 4:12 am, Where could she be?