Chapter 25: Changes in our lives

"Hey codes!" She greeted me. Spinning around to show off her pink lace dress "Like it?"

"Yeah! Looks great on you" 

"Thanks" She said kissing me on my cheeks.

"What were you going to talk about?"

"Uhh..." She looked at the bench next to us "Why dont we seat first"

"Ash, Im getting nervous on all of these, what are you going to tell me?"

"A friend of mom lives in Washington and she kindly invited us over to kinda uh......kinda...."

"Ash."

"To kinda have a short vacation, She said thats what we need and what I need"

...

...

...

"Cody?"

"Really?"

"Yeah" She replied looking down on her feet.

I pulled her chin up and smiled "Its fine with me"

"Really?" Her face lit up

"Yeah. How long? You're still gonna get medical attention right?"

"Oh yes! Definitely, About 2 months"

"2 months? Will you be back before my birthday?" I said frowning.

"Yes! I will. I promise"

"Then, Everything's fine with me, just dont forget to always call me, update me whats going on, and ofcourse Dont forget...me"

Although it wasn't really that fine with me I had to act like it was, I dont want her to think that the best thing is being with me and besides, Im pretty sure she just want to have a little break from all the things going on her life.

"I wont, I promise... And Codes Im leaving this Saturday if its okay with you.."

Really? This Saturday. B-But that's 2 days from now.

"Uh.... Yeah Sure"

Stupid me, Im still afraid that I might disappoint her so I said yes instead.

"Dont worry okay?" She said cupping my chin "I'll spend the next 2 days with you."

*End of Cody's POV*

*Ashlyn's POV*

I was a bit surprise on how he reacted on that. But like I said to Alli, its better this way rather than see me slowly die.

"I love you Ash"

"I love you too Cody"

NEXT DAY

I asked my mom if I could pack for the day and leave til midnight and be home an hour before our flight, she gladly said yes. Thank God

The weather was Okay and I know that as soon as it gets dark, the colder it will be so I decided to wear my Chill Pullover, a white skater skirt and my vans. I let my hair just the way it is and put on some lip gloss.

I heard him text

Cody xo: hey, you ready?

Me: yeap

Me: where should we meet?

Cody xo: Im picking you up, I'll be there in 10 mins.

Me: Okay

Cody xo: I love you

Aw :') What a sweetie.

It was around 3pm when he finally came, he got his driver's license just a couple months ago and its definitely a great pleasure for him to drive by himself rather than having a driver by his side wherever we go.

The strong wind blew my hair and it almost felt like I was in one of those Katy Perry music video "the one that got away" 

Cody took a polaroid with him and I continuosly took selfies and photos of him while driving a vintage ford mustang convertible.

We finally came to the place and it was FANTASTIC the view was perfect. *SEE PHOTO*

He laid a soft cloth and brought out all the food he brought with him, the place was quite hidden and only a few people were there.

After eating and talking we set aside all the food and noticed how orange-ish the sky turned.

Cody lay on my one of my laps while he exchange looks of the sky and to me, I noticed how teary he became

"Why what's wrong baby?"

"Nothing."

"I wish I knew what's on your mind"

"You"

"Me?" I asked just to make sure I was right, he nodded.

"I just kinda wish none of it ever happened"

"Me too."

I closed my eyes. Cody sat down from his position and I could feel his soft palms brushing against mine, pressing it gently before kissing it.

"Its just that when I look at you and I see the kind of person, I want to share my life with. and I know i probably sound crazy but I've never been able to look at someone they way I look at you Ash"

I didn't wanna open my eyes, I wish it didn't hurt leaving, I wish everything was fine and I wish this moment wouldn't stop, but what hurts the most was the fact that I had to lie to the one I love.

"Cody"

"Whatever choices we make it our life, promise me to never get mad at me" I said while tears flowed on my face

"What do you mea-"

"JUST. Promise me"

"Okay, I promise, stop crying now please"

He wiped the tears on my face and sat as we felt each moment, until it was time to leave.

Cody wore his white v-neck and black leather jacket, he kissed me one last time before I went on the plane.

“Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were.”

Yo. Im so sorry it took me this long. hihi will update fast from now on since its my sembreak, im sorry I get writer's block time to time. Comment, Fan and Vote! xoxo