Chapter 21: Uh-Oh

Holding back the tears, trying to keep on going

How was she capable of handling all of these burdens?

I never knew how someone could've the potential to keep something important.

I looked at her, barely shaking. It wasn't anyones fault that she got into this. It was her fault all along. She sleeps prefectly like a model but still only she knows what she's feeling inside. 

The Doctor came in, everyone went hysterical asking why or how everything happened. But I didn't I just sat there looking down on my feet. Could this madness actually surpass the sympathy I should've given her? 

"Are you her mother?" The Doctor asked Mrs. Doppler

"Yes" She said shedding a tear.

"I've checked that the last time she visited us was almost 2-3 months ago. Why didn't you brought her back to us? Are you well aware that she's ill?"

"She said she was fine"

"I need you to take a deep breath okay?" She commanded Mrs. Doppler "I also need you to..."

"JUST SAY IT ALREADY" I bursted. How could he make us feel that we were at some sort of movie waiting for him to state the problem.

"Cody, Calm down" My mom pat my shoulder.

"She has a brain tumor"

A WHAT?! "How could this happen? Tell us. HOW" I could really punch this man in the face.

"Until now, Science is still developing or finding out what might be the cause of Brain tumor all we know is that Aside from exposure to vinyl chloride or ionizing radiation, there are no known environmental factors associated with brain tumors. Mutations and deletions of so-called tumor suppressor genes are thought to be the cause of some forms of brain tumors"

"So, you're not doing anything about it?"

"With all your respect Sir, We have been doing alot about it. We wouldn't want to lose someone like her, and this is a very young age for her to experience this kind of sickness"

"Quit yapping and start doing your job!" I shouted at him, It wasn't my intention to be rude at all, these is all behind my character. I guess this is how I get too worried about Ash.

 "Cody, why dont you go and get a rest, Im pretty sure you're tired" Her mom suggested.

I suppose she has a point. Ive been awake for the past 24hours.

"What about Ash?" I asked. Im more worried about Ash than my own life.

"She won't be waking up til' tomorrow, I suggest you take a rest now so you'll be here when she wakes up"

*End of Cody's POV*

*Ashlyn's POV*

 I awoke by a large ain on my spinal cord, I keep on bending but the Nurses and Doctors would hold my arms and feet. I hear people screaming and crying, I tried opening my eyes several times and everytime I did all I see is blurry faces

..

.....

.........

I took a deep breath hoping when I open it, I'd be able to see them. And I didn't fail

"C-Cody?" I muttered. Trying to speak...

"Ash? Ash?" His voice grew louder as he came beside me "Oh... Thank God you're awake" He smiled at me and raced outside to call the nurses. After taking several tests on me I was now okay. Finally.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Cody, are we really going to talk about this?"

"YES ASH. DO YOU LOVE ME?"

"What?" What in the world would he ask that.

"Answer it, Goddamit."

Whoa. Hearing him curse is really rare.

"I-I-I I do. Yes, I-I love you" I answered

He looked at me in the eyes and smiled, he took my right hand and kissed it "Then, promise me.. NO SECRETS"

"I promise." I cleared my throat and asked "Are you still going to continue your plan? About us.

"If you let me Ash, I promise you. I'll be the best guy ever in your life. I just dont wanna lose you..." All those words made me shed a tear. And to think how dedicated he is. "After you recover, can I call you mine?"

"Yes." I giggled. He came closer to me, Our foreheads connecting each others' .....

"Miss Ashlyn?" A nurse bargged in, great timing.

"Yes?"

"We have results for you, Im excited to say you can go Home in a week or so, just eat healthy and visit us 2x a month okay?"

"Yes maam!" She smiled and closed the door as she left.

"Did you hear that Cody??"

"Yes! Im so happy" He exclaimed pulling me into a tight hug.

After recieving the great news, Cody called everyone about it. Mom came as soon as possible and brought us food and some blankets. I feel headaches time to time but the doctors said it was a pretty normal for people experiencing brain tumor. I just wish I wasn't one of them. 

~Fast Forwarding (After 6 Days)

As I woke up, the room was almost empty, there were no flowers or anything...

"Mom? Mooom?" I called out.

"Yes honey?"

"Are we leaving soon?"

"Yes. I just need to fix the bills and were good to go"

"Oh, what about daddy?"

"WHAT? What are you talking about?"

HELLOOOOO IM SOSOSOSOSOSOSO SORRY FOR KEEPING YOU WAIT THIS LONG, I WAS SICK PLUS STUDYING. ANYWAYS HOPED YOU LIKE IT. WILL DO MY BEST TO POST THE NEXT ONE IN 2 DAYS AS A SORRY GIFT TO YOU GUYS :) THANKS DONT FORGET TO FAN, COMMENT AND VOTE!