TWO

KIM DONGHYUN

Ironically, I found myself obeying the shorty's words.

In the long span of three hours, I wandered around the entire hospital all by myself and finally reaching back at the same point where I began from, I stood there and took a glance at my wristwatch.

6.15 pm, it read.

Drumming my fingers against the benches next to me, my left hand reached into my pocket for my Samsung. Then, scrolling to his contact, I hesitated whether or not to call him at all.

In actual fact, my enrollment into Seoul Hospital is suppose to be a surprise for him, but look at the time now. It might jolly well break my clean record of tardiness.

Thus, after bargaining with my thoughts, I finally tapped on his contact picture which was smiling idiotically at me. I wasn't aware when he actually took this picture and set it as it, but oh wells.

The line got connected right away, however the incessant ringing never stop. Ending the call and making a few more attempts, I realized that Jin is probably too preoccupied with his work to even answer it.

Maybe I will just head back up to his office and hopefully he's in there?

I took a few strides towards the elevator but before that, my eyes landed on the vending machine which was situated conveniently for me to grab a drink first.

Licking my lips, I started fumbling with the coins in my purse and got out a few pennies, just right the amount for a cup of hot chocolate. They were momentarily balanced on the side of my fingers when one of them just had to slide off. I saw it hit the ground hard, rebounded forward and then rolled on the ground before reaching a feet which just so happened to turn at the corner.

I was actually running after it, so when it stopped, I halted in my steps as well. As my eyes trailed up, I met a young fella who was smiling at me from a wheelchair. First, he bent down and picked up the coin from the ground. Then, beaming at me again, I almost presented him with my palm when he turned and exclaimed excitedly to the lady behind him,

"Mummy! Look what I have got! I've got a penny and it's shiny! It will bring me luck!"

The lady was smiling awkwardly at me but that was when I stood up and shook my head at her.

'Let it be', I was conveying this message to her as I let them pass. The lady was really grateful towards me but I waved it off. Subsequently, as I stared back at the remaining coins in my hands, I realized that I am now short of money.

Sadly, I kept them back into my purse and proceeded on but it was then, someone stuck out his hand at me. And on his palm, it laid some pennies.

"Come on, let it be my treat," he offered and when I looked up, I had a grin like a Cheshire Cat.

"Sure, I will gladly accept your offer then," I took the money from him and just before I dropped them into the slot, I turned and said to him,

"And scratch whatever I said before. Thanks a lot, sexy,"

---

PARK JIMIN

"I was right about us meeting each other again, but I didn't expect it to be so soon,"

Half the time, she was doing the talk but I didn't pay any slightest attention to her. Instead, I have been staring at the cup she had long handed me with.

The hot chocolate was as rich as its dark colour. It was flowing as slowly as cream when I swirled the cup and I knew that the bottom is going to be a mass of sugar crystals once it's cooled. Its just a drink which is saturated with sugar, I pouted.

Right, and it was that girl's fault. After getting her own, she used my money to get me a cup as well and she didn't even questioned for my preference.

But, sensing my reluctance, her eyes met mine shortly and she jerked her head towards me.

"Why aren't you drinking?", she blinked and then suddenly, snapped her fingers.

"Ah... Not of your liking?"
"Never fond of sweet things actually,"

She gave me a bitter smile, looked back at her own cup and then wagged her fingers at me,

"Nah, you've got to change then. Sweetness is at least better than the addictive caffeine I would say. You are a doctor, you should know," she took another sip from her cup as she said that.

Surprisingly, my mouth just couldn't open to answer her back but right at that moment, a loud commotion was going on at the nearest ward next to us.

Scrambling to my feet, I left her without saying a word and when I entered the ward, I was shocked to find Taehyung holding on to a guy while Joohyeon attended to him.

"OH MY GAWD. MY HEART IS. MY HEART IS. OH MY GAWD," the patient was hyperventilating and as quick as possible, I rushed over to Joohyeon's side and took over her place, fearing that he might attack her again.

"Is he the one?", a look of concern furrowed my brow as I looked at her. She nodded her head briefly and getting her answer, I summoned for more nurses to hold him down.

"ALRIGHT SIR, I NEED YOU TO REALLY CALM NOW, SO PLEASE, COULD YOU DO US THIS FAVOUR?" I begged him.

"NO! IT'S BLOODY BLOOD! NO! AND YOU! GET AWAY FROM ME! EWW, OH MY GAWD! YOU DIRTY, DIRTY WATER," he retorted and the resistance felt was even greater until I saw that girl barging into the room.

"LET HIM GO NOW! I SAY LET HIM GO! ARE YOU GUYS DEAF?"

Pushing Taehyung aside, she yelled for me to get off too.

"And you call yourself a doctor? How could you restrain a patient just like this?" Her direct, emotionless gaze took me by surprise before she ran forward and tried to calm the patient down.

"Mr Jung, don't worry, I'm here now,"

Shockingly to say, the patient seemed to know her and he was even pleading for her to do whatever she did earlier on, which all of us had no idea of. Feeling that this was rather absurd, I shouted at her,

"HEY YOU BRAT! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? GUYS, GET HER OFF HIM NOW," I glared at Taehyung and he immediately did as per told. However, a hand stuck out to hold us back.

"No, stop. Let's see what she can do about this,"
"Sunbaenim, I-"
"Shush Jimin, and just watch," that was what Joohyeon said as I noticed that her eyes never left the girl once.

Turning back to face that brat, I saw her taking out something from her bag, which seemed like an eye mask, before she pulled it gently over the patient's eyes. And in the blinking of an eye, the patient's screams subsided and the entire ward returned to its peaceful state.

I watched closely as she patted on his shoulder and walking towards Joohyeon, I heard her say to her,

"Unnie, you can take over now,"
"Thanks Hyunnie," Joohyeon replied while I stopped and drew a sharp breath.

Following which, there was a loud knock on the door and Namjoon came in, handing a file over to me.

"Jimin, I just dropped by for a meeting and the Director asked me to hand this over to you. It's the portfolio of the newbie,"

Taking over the file, I flipped it and with my eyes wide open, I blurted out loud,

"Kim Donghyun?"

She responded immediately by raising up her hand,

"Well, that's me,"