TEN

KIM DONGHYUN

"Oppa, I-"
"Don't Oppa me, and Hyunnie, look at me straight in the eyes," Jin lifted up my chin, forcing me to meet his gaze,

"I don't exactly like the idea of you being here," he said coldly, which shattered my heart into many pieces.

Honestly speaking, when I first decided to return to South Korea, I thought that he would be happy to see me. However, now that such statement was coming from my biological brother whom I always look up to, I was utterly disappointed.

"Oppa, I'm sorry but I didn't know that I would be a nuisance to you,"

His eyes widened by a little when he heard me, but placing his hands on my shoulder, he shook his head firmly.

"It's not that girl. Oppa will never find you being a trouble, but you do understand your own condition right?", he narrowed his eyes at me and pointed towards the direction of my chest.

"There's just one thing I don't understand. How did you even manage to pass the medical examination to apply for the doctorate course? And don't misunderstand me. I'm only asking all this because I care about you,"

I gulped at his words. Fiddling with my fingers and then letting them twine around my hair, I tried all means to divert his attention to something else.

"Oppa, how are things going on between you and Joohyeon unnie? 'cos as far as I can see, you've got yourself some competition," I gave him a grin,

"A really sexy one too,"

"Yah, Kim Donghyun," Jin raised his voice at me in annoyance but I held my hands up as though I did nothing wrong.

Massaging his temples, all he could do next was to let out a loud sigh. Gritting his teeth, he shifted his position such that his lips were leaning next to my right ear.

"How many times do I have to tell you? There's nothing going on between me and Joohyeon so, stop it," he warned and getting back to the main topic, he said,

"Alright, scratch everything I had said before. That's not what I was trying to get at. Have you met Mum and Dad?"

At that instant, my face fell. Never had I want to hear or speak about them but yet, Jin just questioned me if I had met them.

And the answer would be - Of course not.

Why in the world would I continuing seeing those two heartless people, after all that they had done to him, and me.

"They've missed you,"
"They don't have the right to," I snapped back at him.

By then, judging from my expression, Jin could roughly make out an answer and so, he decided to move on rather than to press me on further. He cleared his throat.

"Where do you live now?"

"I live alone at an apartment near Myeongdong street,"

He pushed a memo pad towards me.

"Leave me the address. I will make sure I drop by someday," Jin frowned as he told me that, but a cunning smile soon flickered across his face as I started scribbling on the paper,

"To catch you in bed,"

And hola, that's my real brother.

He may appear innocent as hell on the outside and strict like crazy to his subordinates, but when it comes to horny stuffs, we share the same genes. Probably that's the only reason why we ended up clicking so well despite the negativity surrounding us.

Dropping the pencil into the pocket of the coat that Jimin had lent me earlier, I snickered back at him,

"I will keep this. By the way, welcome back my brother,"

"Same to you," he smiled,

"And now, come here my sister, I've missed you,"

Finally, the old Jin returned and when he opened his arms, I didn't hesitate to go into them. His body is so familiar to me - the way it moves, the smell of his cologne and even the sound of his heart beating. But, this is the first time I really felt it, a sense of belonging to the family after they sent me away two years ago. 

---

He yawned, stretched and ruffled his hair as he trudged along the corridor. Having just two hours of sleep of course, wasn't enough for him at all but owing much to the beeper that sounded, Yoongi had to wake up no matter what. As he passed by the wards and offices nearby, he usually doesn't pay any attention to them, but surprisingly for today, he managed to keep his head up high to catch a scene which finally interests him.

Rubbing his eyes out of his sleep, Yoongi squinted hard to make sure that he was seeing the right thing before he brought out his phone from his pocket and accessed his KakaoTalk right away.

motionlessmin: jiminnie, I'm sorry
Parkjiminnie: for what?
motionlessmin: for two timing
Parkjiminnie: what?! and what's that got to do with me?
motionlessmin: of course it does!
motionlessmin: I mean it's not me who's two timing, like obviously, but
motionlessmin: she's suppose to be all over you...
motionlessmin: argh I better stfu
Parkjiminnie: ... fuck you. Don't just spout nonsense and leave me hangin
Parkjiminnie: shoot

Yoongi looked up to see them hugging each other and not letting go still before he fixed his gaze back onto his phone screen.

motionlessmin: your dr.kim. she's hugging seokjin right now

He gave some time for Jimin to digest the details but after a while, he noticed that the message was read but he did not reply.

motionlessmin: parkjiminnie
motionlessmin: answer meeeeeee
motionlessmin: did I just do the wrong thing
motionlessmin: I like your username by the way
Parkjiminnie: it's none of my business
Parkjiminnie: btw, that's like what you call me

---

PARK JIMIN

I kept scrolling my chat window up and down as I bit into my bottom lip after reading all the messages Yoongi had sent to me.

After parting with Joohyeon earlier on, I found myself wandering about the vending machine which sells drinks and without knowing, I had dropped a penny or two, pressed on the button and now, the 'Ready' sign had appeared up on the screen.

I bent down, flipped open the mini compartment and letting my eyes draw to the cup of hot chocolate that was just retrieved from the vending machine, I laughed to myself nervously.

Park Jimin, just what were you going to do?

You don't even like hot chocolate.

I brought the cup to the front of my eyes and studied it carefully.

Were you actually going to offer her this?

My mind was in a state of confusion but fortunately, Taehyung happened to pass by just in time.

"Taehyung,"
"Mm?"
"Here, hold onto this,"

I shoved the cup of hot chocolate into his hands and took a step back, proud of how I had managed to settle it so easily.

"What's up Dr. Park?"
"Nothing in particular. Just free drink on me,"

I swatted my hands and now, it's time to get back to work.