SEVEN

Sitting on the grassy ground in the garden, he had found a comfortable spot for peace and quiet. Finally, after a long day of operations and emergency procedures, he could relax and be alone with his thoughts. Closing his eyes, he placed his hands behind the back of his head and leaned against the bark of the tree.

At the third level of the hospital, she too was planning on taking a break as she made her way in through the exit by the stairs. Inhaling a deep breath, she stretched out her arms and yawned when she happened to see him resting against the tree downstairs. Watching from above, she couldn't help but to let a smile escape from between her teeth.

Taking a seat at one of the steps, she continued watching him and then, reaching for her pencil and memo pad which was in her coat pocket, she started tracing his features and sketched.

---

PARK JIMIN

"Jimin, wait up,"

I was walking back to the hospital after the short nap I had at the garden when I heard someone calling after me. Turing my body around, I found Joohyeon running towards me.

"This is yours," she handed me a lunchbox as soon as she raced up to me.

"Yoongi said that eommeonim dropped by earlier on and asked to hand these lunch boxes over to you and I," she explained, but raising an eyebrow at me, she asked curiously,

"But why me? I don't even remember meeting your mother,"

I was loss for words at that instant. Now, this is getting way out of hand. I didn't expect my mother to take action so soon.

Scratching the back of my nape, I stuttered with my words as I felt her eyes still on me.

"E-erm, I-I'm not s-sure about it too. But, you can h-have it if y-you want,"

After I said that, I reached out and was planning on getting back one of the lunch boxes from her when I felt a slap on the back of my hands.

"I believe that that's for me?" Donghyun suddenly appeared from my back and pointing at the lunch boxes, she shrieked with delight.

"Mhmm, and these are my favourite dishes! Eommeonim is the best," she was dancing with joy and retrieving the lunch boxes from Joohyeon's hands, she shoved one into my chest before pulling me away to somewhere else.

"We will see you later, unnie," she waved back at Joohyeon, who just stood there rather confused by our relationship. However, once she realised something, I heard her shouting after us,

"YAH! Are you two dating already?!"

---

Without realizing where I was being led to, I shook my arm off from Donghyun's grip halfway through the journey.

"What's wrong?" She placed her hand on my right shoulder and leaned her face closer. I shoved her hand away.

"Don't touch me,"

Just a few words, but I could feel my anger boiling up. I never thought this is how it would feel but now that she had caused Joohyeon to misunderstand our relationship, I couldn't possibly forgive her.

"What happened?" she asked, covering my face with her hands,

"You know you can share with-"
"Stop it", I snapped back at her.

"Screwed, I'm so screwed and it's all thanks to you. That's what happened,"

Now, I am shouting at her. She looked shocked but then still not taking in the tense situation, she smiled at me and gave me a gentle push on my shoulder.

"Did you just thanked me?" She battled her eyelids and then covered her face shyly.

Overwhelmed with frustration, I blew some air into my fringe before I exploded with unrestrained fury.

"You think? After you got me into a huge mess?" I rolled my eyes at her and shook my head disapprovingly.

"You call saving your ass a huge mess?" She uttered and then took a step closer to me to jab on my arm.

"I said don't touch me," I gave her one last warning and she didn't try to get closer to me again. Instead, she sat down on the grass patch and tucked her knees to her chest. Putting one elbow on her knees, she patted on the seat next to her with the other hand and gestured for me to sit down and talk it through.

"Let's just sit and eat," she let out a sigh and said but of course, I rejected her offer.

"Now, if you really want to have this lunch so much, have mine too. Eat well, Dr. Kim,"

With that, I threw my lunch box at her and stomped off angrily.

---

KIM DONGHYUN

His words were spat out with the ferocity and rapidity of a machine gun fire, leaving me with hard staring eyes that never blinked.

Without wiping the spit from my ashen face as he left, I only looked down at the lunch box in my hands, perfectly composed and uttered just three words,

"What a waste,"
"Then, can I join?"

The extra voice took me by surprise and looking up, I found his familiar figure towering above me. Unlike the usual, he was dressed up in plain attire today.

"Officer Jeon?" I called out but he wagged his fingers at me.

"Now now, what have I mentioned about skipping those formalities, Donghyun-ssi?" He winked and taking the seat next to me, he pointed at my hands.

"Can I have that?"

I gave him a dubious look.

"Are you sure? It's kind of messed up. I think you should have mine instead," I offered him mine but he insisted on having the one Jimin had tossed to me.

"This will be one of the best lunch boxes that one can ever had and I'm pretty sure that Dr. Park is going to regret this," he chuckled and then taking my hands and positioning them on my lunch box, he guided me as he shook it roughly.

"What are you doing?" I widened my eyes and asked him.

Turning his head and leaning up close to me, he told me,

"Don't you know that lunch boxes taste the best when you shake it and mix them well?"
"Really?"

"Yes," he nodded his head and opened up the lid for me,

"Now, try it,"

He held out a spoonful of it towards me and without hesitation, I ate from it.

"Mhmm, it's really delicious," I licked my fleshy lips and stared back at him impressively.

"See, I am never wrong at this kind of thing," he chirped proudly as he began tucking in to his share.

"Anyway, Jungkook-ssi, what are you doing here?"
"Armph hwere phtwo phisit moi bwopher," he was eating so rapidly that his mouth was full now.

Watching him eat entices me and my customary cautious grin eventually exploded into a radiant smile that I had never worn before.

"Alright, nevermind and eat slowly. We can always talk after we enjoy our meal,"