FOUR

PARK JIMIN

"Scalpel,"

I brought out my hand for the nurse to pass it to me. Beads of perspiration were trickling down from my forehead as I gradually took over it and made an incision to the marked outline of the patient's stomach.

"Thanks," I mouthed quickly to Taehyung, who was busy helping me to wipe off the sweat as I then carefully drew the trocar connecting the laparoscope in.

Raising up my head, my eyes were fixated on the screen as I maneuvered the camera to the sides with caution.

"Found them," I announced once I located the position of the glass fragments. Then, giving Namjoon a nod, I signaled for him to drive the other trocar in.

"Forceps", he said to the nurse next to him after he had done so but the next second he was handed with it, all I heard was,

"Shit,"

---

Standing outside the theatre in my green scrubs, I was cleansing myself right after the operation when Namjoon exited from the door and came over to my side.

"So, is there any change in mind?"
"To what?", I jerked my head up to face him.

"Donghyun-ssi? Her welcome party is tonight?"

I pushed the tap down to stop the water from flowing and withdrew a tissue from the corner to dry my hands.

"I thought I made myself clear the other time? I've got no time for this,"

"Dude, you are off the clock after this," he knitted his eyebrows as he spoke,

"It's Joohyeon sunbaenim, Yoongi and my turn for On Call tonight. But even so, the hoobaes will be covering up for us while we take a short leave to attend the party,"

"Still, I'm of no interest,"
"Oh come on Jimin,"
"Nah," I wagged my fingers at him,

"Taehyung," Just nice I caught him passing by us, ready to leave.

"Remember to request from the supply team to replace the forceps for this theatre. Dr. Kim here would be glad to sign the form for you since he was the one who broke it", I told him and sneaking a grin, it was seconds later that I heard Namjoon scoffed,

"Jimin, you've got no jams,"

---

By the time I headed back up to the lockers, it was just me alone. Joohyeon and Namjoon have both left and as for Yoongi, I guess he is probably back at catching up on some sleep.

Removing the white coat from my body, I was just about to open my locker when I caught sight of a memo pasted on the surface of it. Bringing it down with my fingers, I read.

Hi neighbour! I know that you are busy but please make it to my welcome party alright? I don't want to bring down Hobi's efforts, so pleaseeee, Chimchim? ^^ See ya!

<3,
Hyunnie

I can't believe her. With the memo now sitting on my palm, I laughed and was all ready to crush it when someone appeared just in time to snatch it away from my hand.

"Oh no, you are so not going to do that," I heard the person cry before he placed me in a head locked position and dragged me out of the lockers,

"And you are so coming along with me, Chimchim!"

---

KIM DONGHYUN

I eyed the red liquid and the golden glow of the glass-like cubes. Poking them with my perfectly manicured nail to hear them jingle, I watched and entranced, as they bounced back up, with the remaining mostly submerging like mini icebergs.