THIRTY ONE

9 months later,

PARK JIMIN

"Everyday, every night, feel like a fool, you gonna know~"

As the music echoed across the bar, my hands gripped the glass in front of me while my eyes swiveled towards the back of my head in a distressed sense of a headache.

"Hic", I hiccuped as I tilted my head towards the edge of the couch, taking a long swig of the dark substance that affected me.

"Dr. Park, this is the last I will selling you for the day. I swear that if Minah wasn't on her maternity leave, she would have killed me", Hoseok, who then walked towards me to deliver the glass of whiskey said.

Sitting himself next to me, he ran his hands to my thighs and then gently patted on them,

"At this amount you've been drinking daily, you're deemed to develop cardiac problems yourself. What happened to the 'I don't drink' Dr. Park back then? We all want him back", he told me earnestly while staring straight into my eyes.

However, all I could do was to sigh as the walls soon became part of a fun house, changing figure in a blink of an eye. My breath was the underlying cause of the smell of alcohol that entered my nostrils, and my mouth was sore from the amount of alcohol that I had poured down my throat. But nevertheless, I cleared my throat and uttered back softly still,

"She doesn't need me anymore,"

I tried standing up next, but only to fall back down onto the couch in an unbalanced attempt to walk to the bathroom. Hoseok was watching me all along through his sympathetic eyes and seeing how he was pouting and all, it had me feeling bad all over again and I leaned back and broke down once more.

"Jimin, I count to three. Please let go of me. One, two, three,"

That was all she had said to me before yanking my arm harshly away from her. Then, without even looking back, she took to her heels and left me standing alone at the lobby that day.

I collapsed into Hoseok's embrace and cried. Grabbing my hair in sorrow as those scenes started replaying in my mind, I could feel the emptiness in my heart again. I tried. I did try all means to get her back; I even went to the extent of transferring to the gynaecology department in order to have spare time to travel to America to visit her but now, she doesn't need me anymore. She has Jeon Jungkook after all.

My line of vision got blurry from the tears that were streaming down my cheeks but from some distance away, I could still make out the muffled voices of Namjoon, Taehyung and Yoongi as they sauntered their way in into bar.

"There he is", Taehyung shrieked and he became the first to hurry over to my side while Namjoon was still having a difficult time maneuvering his way in. Whereas for Yoongi, he had changed. For way too long, he have been worrying about me that now, he couldn't be bothered anymore.

During the process when Taehyung and Namjoon were busy tidying me up, I could hear Yoongi grunting under his breath before rolling his eyes and halting in front of a female instead. Raising the golden chain which was hanging around his neck, he would rather take this opportunity to hit on her than to save me.

"I'm rich, so expensive glasses. I have chain", I heard him telling her that while she raised an eyebrow, amused at his behaviour.

"You like dis? You like dis chain? Three dollah", Yoongi continued but then, wagging her finger at him, the female didn't buy it however.

I noticed that she had her arms folded across her chest and her short bob hair sat all the way up till shoulder length. Shaking her head, she adjusted her bangs slightly before she gave a chuckle and replied him,