EIGHTEEN

KIM DONGHYUN

I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my shins as I sat by the bathtub with overflowing water. Moments ago, I had meant to take a bath, just that those memories wouldn't leave me alone.

Since young, I have learned that if I could just curl up into a ball, I wouldn't have to face the real life, I'd be protected from everything around me. But, I'd still have to live with myself, with the wretched memories swirling around in my head.

My eyes, already red and puffy from crying, squeezed shut to push more tears out. I let my head fall down to my knees, and I pulled my legs closer to me. No matter what I did, there was no where I could hide from the thoughts in my head.

Shivering in my position, all I could mutter under my breath repeatedly was just,

"Sorry, I'm really sorry,"

---

PARK JIMIN

Upon reaching home, I took a quick shower, ate my dinner and then headed straight into my room.

Plopping down onto my bed, I stared hard at the ceiling above me and held up the piece of memo in the air.

I wonder how's she's doing, I thought.

This sort of empathy usually comes to me in quiet moments, such as when I am going to sleep or whenever I stop to take a break. It will seep to the foreground of my mind and demand to be re-examined again.

To be honest, I wouldn't really consider myself to be on good terms with Donghyun, but considering what she may be going through now, I thought that maybe by showing up at her door, it will at least stop her from worrying and in a way, it may kind of make me feel better as well.

I stuck the memo on top of my forehead and stuffed the pillow into my face.

There is no way I can turn back the clock now for the fact that I had already approached the security guard and wasted a few bottles of Soju on him just because of her, so why not I get on with it here and now.

Jolting up from my bed, I adjusted my bed hair and throwing on a singlet over my head, I left the room.

"Hyung, where are you going?", Ji-woon, who was sitting at the sofa watching television noticed my departure.

"None of your business," I hissed and stuffing my feet into my slippers, I shouted back into the kitchen for my mum,

"Eomma, I'm heading out for a short while,"
"Jimin-ie, where are you going? Listen to me, I need you to bring this to Donghyun-ssi-"

However, when my mother scurried out, I had already walked out on her.

"Gah, that kid,"

---

To knock or not?

For the past five minutes, I have been pacing up and down in front of her apartment door, contemplating whether or not to greet her. In my mind, that kiss kept bothering me and also, afraid that I didn't exactly leave a good impression the last few times I exchanged conversations with her, I became as timid as a mouse.

I had my hands chucked into my pockets as I just stood there blankly but just nice, the security guard decided to make his rounds at the same timing.

"Oh Jimin, I see that you are hot on your heels uh? It was just...", he took a glance at his watch before snickering back at me,

"An hour ago since you got the number from me and baammm, you are here,"

He is a well-kempt man, brimming with confidence as he speaks.