TAN

PARK JIMIN

As I eventually made my way up to Donghyun's ward, I met Namjoon along the way. He was just done with one of his surgery and trotting out from the operation theatre, he smiled wickedly at me as soon as he caught me walking by.

"Yo jams. Why are you pulling such a long face?", he asked upon noticing my perplexed expression. I then flicked my head towards a direction momentarily and when his eyes followed my gaze and landed on her ward, Namjoon nodded his head briefly before then, breaking into soft chuckles with his dimples showing.

"Told you to quit banging Dr. Kim in our On Call rooms already but you just wouldn't listen", he laughed,

"And now, just look at who's the one frowning? Triplets? This is no joke man,"

With that being said, Namjoon gave me a sympathetic pat on my shoulder before gesturing for me to enter.

"You really don't wanna keep a pregnant lady waiting,"

And so, leaning over and peeking into the small gap of the ward which was left ajar, I gulped when I saw Hoseok and Minah trying to calm Donghyun down just in time. Realising that she was practicing her daily routine of throwing tantrums, I hesitated on going in and was actually planning to escape when someone suddenly slung his arm around my shoulder and pulled me in along with him.

"Hey! Look who I found lingering outside the corridor,"

That stupid officer, why didn't he just stay in America forever, I grunted.

As soon as I was led in, I felt the atmosphere around me tensed up. Hoseok and Minah were both looking at me worriedly and timidly, I slowly lifted up my head to meet the eyes of Donghyun. I could feel her already sending me daggers and at the next moment, a pillow hit me hard on my face without warning, even before I could mouth out anything.

"YAH! Where's my cookie?!?", she yelled in annoyance, sending shivers down my spine.

During the span of time I have met her, I have never seen her so moody before but lately, the pregnancy has been driving her insane. 'YAH's have been taking over the phrase 'sexy' and I've got to admit, I really miss the old Kim Donghyun now. I pouted and returned her with a sad puppy look. However, she wasn't buying it and grabbing yet another pillow, she was about to throw it at me again when Jungkook butted in,

"Hyunnie ah, your kookie's right here, so fret not", he said boastfully and obviously turning unhappy at his words, I grabbed onto his collar right away.

I didn't fancy him saying those cheesy words to my wife right in front of me and so, with gritting teeth, I ignored the presence of others before then, breathing each and every word out of my mouth clearly and carefully,

"Stay in your lane, Officer Jeon,"

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders at me nonchalantly and slapping my hands away from him, he dared to challenge me,

"Why? Are you afraid that your wife might run away with me now that I'm back to single?"

I was literally boiling with anger and clenching onto my fist, I almost threw a punch into his face when all of a sudden, a loud shriek broke me from that thought.

Searching for the source of the voice, I was exceptionally shocked when I came to realise that the person was actually Donghyun. Clenching hard onto her stomach, she was yelling in pain and this immediately garnered the attention of all. Taehyung soon came sprinting into the ward at her incessant screaming and getting hold of the situation right away, he then looked up at me and said to me next,

"Dr. Park, her water's broke,"