TWENTY EIGHT

PARK JIMIN

"You've got to be kidding me", while making out a soft chuckle, Donghyun poked her finger into my chest playfully.

"After all these we've been through, you still think that I will consider us as a fak-,"
"Dr. Kim,"

That was when I gathered up all my courage to interrupt her. I noticed her flinching a little while staying put in my arms but silently, her head soon started jerking up to look at me. But seeing how deadly my gaze was, she took a step back away from me, looking confused.

"Jimin..."

"Dr. Park. Call me, Dr. Park", I corrected.

It pained me a lot when I have to play stranger with her once again but I have to.

"I will convince her to go. Leave this to me." - That was my final decision and furrowing his brows, I recalled Seokjin giving me a pat on my shoulder before he showed me the way out of his office.

"If that's the case, I'm counting on you bro", he had said.

And now, I finally realized what some people meant by saying that 'some things are just easy to say but are unfortunately difficult to put into action'. Staring at Donghyun upfront, it took me more than just anything to recite the speech that I have been rehearsing inside my head merely just minutes ago.

"Look, lets breakup", I ran my fingers through my hair as I spoke before I shook my head again,

"No. I meant... Geumanhae. Let's all drop the act now", I said to her but still, she held a clueless expression on her face.

I noticed her looking on the ground, playing around with a few strands of her hair before she finally leveled her eyes with mine.

"T-then what was all the confession about the last time round?"

"T-that...", I stuttered,

"I was just trying to get you into the act with me. I needed your help here as long as Kim sunbaenim is around. He wouldn't possibly let me off easily if he finds out that I lied to him", I sighed hard as I watched her gulped at my words.

"So... In other words, you were just using me all along?"

"Well, of course. I thought I made it clear to you once that I wouldn't fall for you? Or wait. Hold up. Don't tell me that you actually fell for me? 'Cos Kim Donghyun-ssi, this ain't the usual you", I threw my head back and faked a laugh.

"S-sexy, are you still not feeling well? O-or is there something wrong with your head???", Donghyun raised her hand and walked towards me but I backed away from her as quick as possible.

"Don't. Don't do this to me anymore. You know that I hate this feeling of being touched", I lied to her but knowing her character, she didn't stop. Chortling nonstop, she began chasing me around the ward instead until Joohyeon turned up by the door.

"Jimin-ssi, you called for me?"

Poking her head into the ward, she waved at Donghyun cheekily before she asked me.

"Yea.. And you came just in time," I drew in a deep breath and widening my steps towards her, I pulled her in and sealed her with a kiss that only I understood what I was doing.

"Pfffff. Y-YAH PARK JIMIN,"

Joohyeon struggled out of my grip almost instantly and being careful not to hurt her in the process, I let go of her after that one kiss.