花樣年華 MY THEORY

THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE.
But feel free to read my thoughts after I painstakingly re-watched PROLOGUE, I NEED U & RUN. My eyes burned but well, here it goes,

Sequence of story flow: PROLOGUE- I NEED U- RUN

My hypothesis:

Jin's dead. (Sorry guys, but yeah) & it was right after the prologue.

First comes first. Let us rewind back to the prologue. It started off with V crying and calling someone on the phone. The reason why Prologue was released after I NEED U was because they were both related. Some scenes in prologue needed reference back to I NEED U and from here, we can definitely recall that this current scene we are talking about here actually happened after I NEED U, where V killed someone. At that point in time, he said into the phone, "Hyung, I really miss you NOW," And this was the main catch, the main turning point. V asked for Jin's help. Not only that, subsequently after which, Namjoon wrote on the mirror, "I want to live," as well.

Anyway, back to the FLASHBACKS of the "happy" times in prologue, we could all see that throughout the MV, Jin was the only one who was holding on to the video camera, capturing down all the memories. In my opinion, I feel that he had probably sensed that he was dying so he kept recording down those memories the boys had together. Usually, Jin would be the one who takes care of the boys, and he is the one the boys will confide into. He always brings the boys around to play and not to forget, visit Namjoon who works at the gas station. However, his time was running out and he was desperate in creating his last memories with them. And that's why in the middle of the prologue where the boys were having a mini campfire, he asked Hobi, "Shall we visit this place again?", in order to bring back their old times.

And hence, they went back to the place and that was when V was feeling troubled. He had something in his mind all along and Jin noticed it. However, what V didn't do at that point in time was to talk to him about it and so, he missed his chance and this formed part of his greatest regrets. Jin soon died and if we all do recall the scene which BigHit had deleted from the original prologue, Suga's image disappeared from Jin's Polaroid which leaves only Jin in the photo. Jin couldn't possibly see Suga as they are both in two different places now.

And phew, now, moving on to I NEED U. The scenes in this MV actually depicts the after life of the boys after Jin's death. Everyone led a messed up life. The people that came to Namjoon's gas station didn't appreciate him; Hobi, Jimin and Suga were depressed, Jungkook and Taehyung both got into trouble, etc. But, that was when Jin received Taehyung's call for help. He teared up when he saw that everyone was behaving like this and hence, that was when the petals rejoined and Jin drew the curtains apart in I NEED U, allowing the sunlight to pass through, signifying a brand new life and hoping to give the boys another chance, if not or otherwise, the boys will have to face the ending in I NEED U. The boys NEED JIN!!! The U refers to Jin!!! So they sang Jin back lol.

And now, you will probably understand, the other chance the boys can choose to live are the scenes in RUN, where everyone was carefree and they even helped one another to buck up through difficult times.  One by one, the doors were opened and everyone got their help. RapMon and V managed to smile after they got caught by the police while Jimin and Hobi eventually left the mental hospital together. Jungkook even punched some sense into Suga. Jin made good use of his time to bring the boys back into happy times again i.e. taking neoprints, partying, pulling Jimin back into the gang and telling him the alternative way of using the bathtub. Wtf.

And finally, now that everyone's fine, it's time for Jin to leave. That's why the guys crossed him out from the spray paint and the cards Jin had stacked earlier on eventually fell. He also transformed back into the butterfly in the poker card which RapMon had picked up. Jin had helped the boys through but he missed his boys once again, making him reluctant to leave.

The scene at the tunnel, it was actually the last time Jin watched after his boys. He had to make sure that they could deal with the problems well and run away from those negative thoughts before he make his leave again. So, he watched his boys fight on and ran for one last time before he got them back onto the truck and send them off shortly after.

That was when Jungkook stopped and looked back at the truck (Jin is probably in it) and smiled at him while the others had their backs facing Jin. Jungkook wanted to bid farewell to him and it was as if Jungkook was telling Jin that "Hyung, everything's back under control now and you are good to go. Thank you for your help,"

Also, V chose not to commit suicide in the end. After all the struggles, he eventually got out of the water.

And now, lastly for the finale, the part where Jimin burned the Polaroid. Jin's image disappeared from it in a split second and it was actually the reality. It was a reminder to himself that Jin is no longer around and it's time to move on. Notice that after the Polaroid was burnt, the petals fell apart again, and thus, it signifies that Jin had completed his mission and he's really gone now.

To conclude, Jin is our dear angel, butterfly and a GREAT Mom 😭 But as of now, our butterfly is free to go~

Next up on the playlist--> BUTTERFLY

Thus, moral of the story:

"DO NOT WASTE YOUR YOUTH. Instead, MAKE THEM LAST FOREVER,"

&

"There are two paths in life. Either you choose the route taken in I NEED U or you stay strong and move on in RUN,"

Basically, I NEED U was a shoutout for help to RUN away from those negative thoughts. & I'm guessing that the Epilogue is probably the VCR BTS shared during the concert.

THE END.

---

And... I EDITED IT . I understand that there are many other theories out there but this is just the rough idea I got. I sure hoped that I did make some sense here. Anyway, sorry for this sudden 'fake' update. But isn't everyone used to the feeling of being MINDFUCKED? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

<3,

WENDY :D