NINETEEN

KIM DONGHYUN

Sunlight shone through the door like a ghoul's grin, yet it gives the shutters a halo of golden rays.

Greeting me, that's the new morning, sinner and saint, just like me. Waking up felt like a hammer swung with gusto, a painted "X" on my skull. As I slowly sat up from my bed, I could feel the back of my head still throbbing and sleep trying to drag me backwards, until a figure who was lying by my side caught my eyes. Dazed, I squinted my eyes at him.

Park Jimin, what is he doing here?

I cupped my mouth and the first thing I did on instinct was to check under my covers. When I saw that my clothes were still intact, I heaved a sigh of relief.

Pounding on my head, I started recollecting the memories from the night before and the last thing I could remember was my world blacking out once I greeted Jimin by the door.

So, he actually stayed with me for the entire night? I raised my eyebrows.

I inched my face closer to his and studying his sleeping features, I sneaked a laughter before I pulled back.

"Sexy, you look really ugly when you sleep,"

Then, pulling the covers off from my legs, I wrapped it gently around Jimin's body before carefully shifting out of my position. The bed was warm, the draughts were cold, yet my feet swung outward into the chill.

Slowly, I set my foot into my slippers, ambled out of my room and peeked into the living room, surprised when finding it being a disorganized mess, as if some massive cleaning had taken place.

Damp cloths and clothes were strewn all over the couch and sitting on the kitchen table, there were pot and bowls of unfinished porridge. I shook my head helplessly and gathering all the mess, I decided to clean up while Jimin slept in.

Somehow, the sight of seeing him around in the morning made me feel warm and cozy. Smiling to myself, I rinsed the pot under the running water and thought about what could have happened the previous night. The good news was that negative thoughts were no longer lingering in my mind as images of how Jimin, the all mighty Dr. Park may have been treating me like a princess.

Minutes later into the cleaning, I heard a groan escaping from the inside of my room and creeping behind the wall, I saw Jimin gradually waking up, yawning as he stretched his arms high out into the air.

"Tired?", I smiled at him, who jerked awake with a start and stared weirdly at me, who was standing by the doorway.

"No, I'm fine", it took him a few seconds to mutter that out while rubbing his eyes fiercely.

"You're lying,"

I walked up towards him and poked his arm lightly.

"Don't do that,"

He moved my arm away from his and stared blankly at the wall in front of us. I find his obliviousness pretty endearing and that was when I decided to play around with him.

"We did it, didn't we?", I adjusted my expression right away and tugged onto my shirt, shooting Jimin a glare in the process.

"I didn't know that you were such a person, taking advantage of me while I was defenseless", I pretended to sob.

Just as what I had thought, Jimin became defensive right at that moment and jumping out of the bed frantically, he waved his hands in the air and shook his head.

"Oh nonono, d-don't get me wrong. I w-wouldn't do such a thing. Woo-ri eomma was the one who changed you out of those dirty clothes,"