FOURTEEN

PARK JIMIN

Realisation of what I had just said caused my words to become caught in my throat. I looked up to find both Joohyeon and Seokjin staring at me in bewilderment. I felt the heat rising to my cheeks and prayed that it wasn't noticeable. I coughed and then pushed my fringe back behind my forehead, even though it was already neatly centre parted.

"I..."

"It's just a small misunderstanding anyway," a voice sounded from the back just then and as I turned around, I saw Yoongi and Namjoon standing by the door.

"Sunbaenim, we didn't know that you were Dr. Kim's brother," explained Namjoon whereas Yoongi quickly went over to me and pulled me over to his side.

"Thought that you were a third wheeler instead, so we kind of convinced Dr. Park to take action and conveniently, you ended up seeing Joohyeon sunbaenim, so...." Yoongi shrugged his shoulders while Namjoon continued on for him,

"You can't blame Dr. Park entirely for his rash behaviour,"
"In actual fact, he was just trying to protect your sister,"

They made it sound so simple and convincing but not known to all, the two were actually making up impromptu stories interchangeably. Those were entirely false, just that I wasn't in the mood nor have I have the energy to correct them. I had my head hung low all the while but soon, I felt both of them elbowing me from the sides.

"Now, bow down to your future brother-in-law," Namjoon instructed.

Then, securing me by my arms and forcefully bending my trunk forward, the two placed me in a ninety degree bow.

"Hyung, woo-ri jalmoshaess-eo,"

They apologized on my behalf and before I could say anything else, they lifted me up from the ground and carried me out of the office right away.

Shortly after, we were back at one of the On Call room where they causally tossed me onto the bed.

"Woah, that was a close shave," Namjoon had his hand placed against his chest whereas Yoongi sprung right onto the bed next to me.

"Look dude, we did our part for today so as for the rest, you've got to settle it by yourself," Yoongi yawned and just within the first few seconds, he fell into a deep slumber.

Taking a glance at him, I let out a deep sigh.

This dynamic duo have just made things worse for me, if they don't already know.

However, just as I was massaging my temples and thinking of a way out, Namjoon cleared his throat and came over to my side.

"Jimin-ah, there's no way escaping now," he snickered,

"It seems like you and Dr. Kim are just destined to be together,"

"Now, enough there hyung. I don't need to hear this," I raised my palm up at him and covered my ears subsequently after but he brought it down.

"You've got to listen here. Now, close your eyes,"
"What?"
"Just do it,"

I shut my eyes tight.

"Imagine," he soon started narrating,

"If you were to let Kim sunbaenim know that you are not Dr. Kim's boyfriend and that you really like Joohyeon sunbaenim, what would have happened just now?"

I pressed my eyes together and thought hard. Images of Seokjin sending me punches in the face were pictured and shocked, I immediately opened my eyes wide.