TWENTY FIVE

JEON JUNGKOOK

"Choi here, I've got the girl as well", The information was delivered loud and clear to me as JB purposely left the conversation on the loud speaker mode.

"Fuck you,"

I didn't know who threw the first punch, but suddenly my fist was slamming into JB's face while he sunk into my stomach. Blood pooled in his mouth as I gagged.

"I told you not to mess with my friends", l lunged for him again while yelling but because I was lacking the strength, JB managed to push me away.

We stumbled apart for a brief second to catch our breaths before diving back at each other, eyes narrowed in determination. I dodged his fist and came up with my own. For a brief instant, his eyes widened before he managed to tilt his head back and slam it into mine. Stars burst in my vision but I shook it off, blindly throwing a sloppy kick. However, JB stepped back, easily evading the kick.

"Is that all you've got?" he crowed, smirking infuriatingly at me.

I growled and threw myself at him, changing direction at the last minute. My blood hummed in my veins as determination and anger took over but still, to no avail. My body weight slammed onto ground in no time while JB towered above me.

"It wouldn't have been the case if you have stuck with us till the end", he reminded while wiping the blood off from the corner of his mouth.

"Nothing of such would have happened...", JB whispered to himself despondently, then turned to me, the ghost of a smile on his face.

"I had never voluntarily wanted to be a part of you guys anyway", I retorted but he caught me.

"Really? Those brotherhood? You really forgot all about them?"

"Don't group me alongside with you all", I snarled, but deep inside, I was actually hurting.

No, I lied and he was right. Those memories were still etched in my mind. The times when JB shielded me from attacks when I was just a rookie; the times when Jackson was all forgiving and kept the secret for me when he found out about my real identity. All along, I knew that they were good people at heart, just that unfortunately, they had to act against their own will as they all have a difficult past. Somehow or another, they were forced to serve as someone else's puppet.

"I see. Then you wouldn't be bothered by this right?"

With one hand, JB lifted up his shirt, revealing a prominent scar on his chest.

"Remember this?", he asked before straightening his face at me, whereas I, could only watch in silence.

How can I ever forget that? I was the one who shot him.

"Nothing to say uh?", he laughed as he stumbled in his steps, stepping away from me.

"Sixteen hours. I spent a bloody whole sixteen hours in the uncanny setting to have that bullet removed. The pain and sufferings were like hell 'cos there wasn't any analgesia. But do you know what pained me the most?", he paused to suck in a breathe before he continued on,

"You. And not only my own suffering, your betrayal made us lose one of our closest pal if you do remember. We trusted you so much and yet, you disappeared and rejoined your troop of useless mates to chase us down. Argh", JB tightened his grip around his hair and grunted in frustration,

"I really don't want to bring up that accident. But Mark, he died a horrible death. The last gaze he gave me from the overturned car, I can never ever wipe that scene off my mind. And lastly, Jackson too. I can't believe that you forced me to kill him with my own hands..."