New Clothes

HAI GUYS

so... this is going to replace The Doors of Death Chapters!! they're going to be in a different order and the old chapters will be deleted. if you're a first-timer.. then just read no need to read this part haha :P (wow that sounds sexual ok moving on..)

Annabeth walked to Percy's cabin, clutching her laptop to her chest as she smiled to herself. How they had gotten to the point where even being around the other in silence was better than being alone was a mystery to her. Best friends, she thought to herself before nudging Cabin Three's door open.

"Percy?" she called, and her gaze settled on his green eyes, lazily studying her on his bed.

"Hey," he said, grinning. "I thought you had to-"

Annabeth dismissed his unfinished question with a wave of her hand. Piper had taken over teaching the little campers how to use a knife that day. "Piper's taking care of it," she told Percy, shutting the door behind her. "Can I stay for a while?"

Percy gave her his 'ovbiously' face, where he dropped his chin and smiled up at her. "Can you never leave?"

She laughed and sat on his bed, making the mattress bounce. "I need you to read my essay. It's for school but..." Annabeth smiled meekly. "It's due next year."

Percy rolled his eyes. "Try hard," he muttered, but she bumped him with her shoulder and opened her laptop to the document.

"Just start at that paragraph." She pointed at the second one from the top, and his face concentrated on the words as soon as she took her hand back.

Annabeth soon became bored waiting for Percy to finish reading, but she was soon distracted by his features - sharp jawline, a little stubble, soft skin right behind his ear, bright eyes...

"I can see you staring, Beth," he grumbled, but he was smiling. She blushed until he added, "This is going to take me a while." So she stood up and started to explore the messy Poseidon cabin. First spotting a dirty t-shirt lying on the floor.

Annabeth rolled her eyes and moved to pick up her boyfriend's dirty laundry. "I swear to the gods, Seaweed Brain," she muttered, picking up his green MERMAIDS ARE FOR MEN shirt with her fingertips.

Percy looked up from Annabeth's essay. "You could always smell it, you know," he laughed and continued reading. Beth couldn't resist - she had slept in many of Percy's shirts when he was missing, but never told him. In fact, she often wore his old CHB shirt to sleep when she had nightmares. She turned away from Percy, clutching the worn fabric, and inhaled the scent of sea salt and warmth and home.

"Beth?" She heard him stand, dropping her laptop onto his bed. He spoke softly. "Hey, hey, Wise Girl, I didn't mean it literally..."

She choked back tears. "Yes, Seaweed Brain, I know." But her voice gave her away. "I still have one of your shirts," she confessed, burying her face in the colorful print. The fabric caught a tear. "I used to... to wear them when you were... w-when you were..."

Arms slithered around her waist, but instead of the chills she usually got when he touched her, she felt warmth.

"Annabeth..." he mumbled. "I'm never leaving you. Never. You can keep that one, too, if you want," Percy whispered into her ear, brushing some strands away from her face with his nose.

Annabeth turned around, wrapping her arms around his neck. Home.

~~~~

Late that night, Annabeth was finally going to bed. She put her papers away, closed her laptop and sighed, wondering if Percy was still asleep. Instantly she remembered his MERMAIDS ARE FOR MEN shirt, getting up to dig through her trunk for it. She finally found the shirt, smelling it one last time before throwing it on over her camp shirt, changing secretly and practiced. With a deep breath, she left the cabin, walking quickly across the path leading to Cabin Three. Before she knew it she was standing before Percy, who held the door open for her. She silently padded across his somehow-clean floors and into his bed. He joined her there, wrapping his arms around her.

Annabeth pressed her lips to Percy's neck, gently nuzzling his jaw.

"Sleep," he told her quietly, lifting her lips towards his.

And with a final kiss goodnight, she did, breathing in sea salt, warmth and her only home.

hehe, Percabeth is refreshing for me :3 hope you guys liked it!

"I've seen some great things,

but I don't wanna see anything,

if I can't see you."

-Tender Torture, Islands.