Amazingly Beautiful

Cylde. One month later! It's summer, already.

A was at the campfire, listening to the Apollo campers sing. At one point I was too tired and excused myself from Travis and Connor, my new friends.

I guess I found my way to the Poseidon cabin, and accidentally laid down on Percy's bed. He had the lower part of the bunk, and supposedly another brother already had the top one. Then I noticed the pictures.

It was a good place to hide secret stuff. There were four pictures, all of them with him in it, but with different people. One was of Percy, this Asian buff guy, and a dark skinned girl. He had his arms around them, blinding smiles playing on their lips. Another was of him, Jason, Jason's girlfriend, Piper, and Leo in front of the war ship. I met him just a few days ago, and he was the funniest guy ever. Below that one was one of him, Nico, Asian dude, dark girl, Jason, Piper, Leo and Annabeth. They all had crazed grins and cuts and bruises, like they just got out of a war. Then I realized that this was taken after the Great War everyone said was at the Doors of Death. My eyes caught Annabeth's figure, but I looked at the last snapshot. It was of Percy and Annabeth, or their silhouettes, anyways. They were facing the sea that was right behind the forest, with their arms around each other, and obviously didn't know they were being watched. Fireworks Beach, I think the campers called it. Then I got the Hades out of there, because I realized that Percy slept here everyday. It was creeping me out.

I stumbled to the other side of the room to my cot, and glanced out the porthole window. It wasn't like I did it on purpose, but I caught a glimpse of something, anyways.

Percy and Annabeth were walking hand in hand in her cabin's direction. I small cold fist wrapped around my heart, because I still wanted that girl. Maybe it was because I was jealous of Percy's fame, but I still wanted her. But Percy wouldn't let me get near her. I don't blame him, but still. They were deep in conversation, but the light kind - her giggling and him smiling because she did, or vice versa. They stopped at her cabin door and just looked at each other. I stepped closer to the window, because I couldn't tear my eyes away from them.

They were a foot away from each other, his hand bigger than hers, their fingers fitting perfectly together. It was like a movie.

She stepped a little closer, and he stooped down to kiss her. Or I thought they were going to, because they just stared into each other's eyes, examining the other's features. Their lips finally met, and I sucked in a breath at the same time, because it reminded me of the time I did that exact same thing.

It was beautiful. I mean, sure, I was jealous, but it really was. They pulled away and stared again. His hand glided to her cheek, and she held it there, murmuring something I couldn't read. He said something too, but this time I knew he had said, "I love you." She smiled and leaned her forehead against his before kissing him again, and I was content with that - happy for my half brother. He pulled away and started walking towards me, Annabeth turning away too. But then she turned back a second later and called his name, and he froze. She ran up to him, throwing her arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her off the ground. It was a scene from a movie. A romantic, totally cheesy movie.

She pulled away, just enough to kiss him, and they couldn't have been closer to each other. Then jealously erupted inside me again, and I pulled away from the window and threw myself on the bed.

A few minutes later Percy came in, the biggest smile on his face. I pretended to be sleeping, but kept my eyes open like slits. He glanced at me, falling for my act, and then took a picture out of his pocket, his smile fading with wonder and happiness. I let my eyes fall closed, knowing I would wake up before him to see who or what it was.

The next morning I opened my eyes to Percy curled up in his bunk snoring, facing away from me. I scrambled to his bed stand, where the crumpled picture lay.

My heart was skipping beat after beat, pounding too fast in my chest. It was Annabeth, her back to whoever took the picture, though I'm pretty sure it was Percy. In the background, it was Fireworks Beach, the normal blue of the sky covered with storm clouds. It was winter. Her back was arched forward and her chin was tilted up at the grey sky, eyes closed, mouth pulled into a small smile, palms up to catch snowflakes, some of them catching in her hair. The sweater she was wearing was way too big to be hers. It was amazingly beautiful. She was amazingly beautiful. She was Percy's. Percy, my own brother.

now i feel bad for Clyde... OH WELL!! lol likes? yes? no? maybe so? hmmm