Study Break- mashton

Writer unknown.

Finals were just around the corner and you had to study, or there was a good chance your GPA would suffer if you didn't ace them all. And with a bad GPA, student loans and grants were harder to receive for financial aid. You had asked your long-time boyfriend to keep the noise down while his mate was over. Of course they didn't. Their music was up so loud that you swore you could feel the vibrations in your bones. How the hell did a neighbor not come by and complain yet?

Trying to concentrate on reading through your scrambled notes of Algebra problems, you felt your heart jump as an alarm on your phone went off. It was midnight, and you had been studying for two hours since your last break. Although you still had a lot left to study, it was time to give your brain a rest. There would be plenty of time to study in the morning. You closed your books turned off the lights in the living room. There was no way you could get any sleep with the racket those boys were making.

You entered the bedroom where you found your boyfriend, Michael, and his friend, Ashton. They were both laying on the bed, a stereo on the nightstand beside them blasting some rock music. Michael was playing a game on his Xbox, and Ashton was just on his phone. How the hell had they been making so much noise? Whatever.

"Hey babe!" Michael enthusiastically welcomed you, pausing his game. "Ash, turn down that music, would you?" Ashton reached over to the stereo and turned the music down. "What's up?" Michael asked, setting his control down.

"My brain is about to crumble into bits." you groaned before climbing onto the bed, sitting at the end. "I'm just totally stressed out. There's no way I'm going to pass all of these finals! It's too much for me right now."

Ashton laughed and placed his phone on his lap. "Ah, fuck finals. You'll do just fine, Y/N. You're like the smartest person I know."

Taking the compliment, you rolled your eyes in a playful manner. "It's still stressful, Ashton. Not that you would know, you're in a huge band off touring all the time and not stuck at some college, frying your brain."

Grinning at your comment, Ashton's shrugged his shoulders. "True." Setting his phone on the nightstand, he sat up in the bed. "You know what you need to do? You need to relax. Something I hear you're not very good at."

Taking offense to the comment, you scoffed. "How am I not good at relaxing?"
"Y/N, I've been over here almost every night this week and you've been studying! Michael and I ask you to hang out, but you refuse and keep your nose in your books until you go to bed."
You looked over to Michael to back you up, but he wasn't much help. "He's right, Y/N." he looked at you apologetically. "You even eat dinner while you study, babe."

Not quite agreeing with them you sighed, shrugging your shoulders. "How am I supposed to relax then?" your eyes shifted between the two of them, waiting for an answer.
Michael and Ashton exchanged looks to one another. Usually you could at least hint at what they were thinking, but this time you honestly had no idea. Maybe it was from all of the studying you had been doing. Your brain was absolutely fried.

"Maybe you could start with a massage." Ashton suggested, a hinted smirk on his face. "Being stressed just doesn't effect your emotions, you know. It can affect your muscles and make you all tense. And I do give pretty good massages, if I do say so myself."

A massage? It did seem like a pretty good idea. And there was no doubt in your mind that Ashton could give good massages. Those hands were so large, and you bet they felt so good against your skin. After a few moments of debating with yourself, you agreed to the massage. What harm could it do? The sooner you were relaxed, the sooner you could fall asleep and be well rested for another day of studying.