Family Meal- l.h pt .1

A/N: ik I said I was gunna post another boy next but this series is just to good not to

Awesome writer of this: lukesmutonly

I arrived home from school completely relieved. I was completely prepared to go up to my room and sleep for the entire weekend. School was exhausting and it was finally Friday and I couldn't be more ready to do absolutely nothing. Suspicious behaviour caught my attention as I slumped through the kitchen. My mother, she was...cooking? My mother never cooks, was it someone's birthday? I felt annoyed immediately, now I would have to sit and social with my parents, eating proper food instead of binging on crap in my room.

"Hey honey" she said with a smile, glancing over to me quickly before returning to her pans. "What are you doing?" I asked, twisting my face to express my confusion. "We have new neighbours, they're coming over for dinner!" She exclaimed excitedly. Great! New neighbours, I wonder how old they are, I swear I live in a retirement village, everyone seems to be attached to a xymaforame around here. More than likely, it'll be a middle aged conservative couple who have a boring life and a loveless marriage. I can't wait to meet them!

"Go get changed, make yourself look nice" my mother ordered, looking me up and down, taking in my fatigued appearance. I made it to my room, slipping out of my jeans and t-shirt, looking remorsefully towards my pyjama draw, I pulled out a casual dress and slipped it on. I was occupied with pulling a brush through my tangled hair when my mother called me and my siblings down. I just have to get through this hour and then I'm free for the weekend. I sauntered down the stairs immediately spotting a couple as I entered the dinning room. Although they looked genuinely happy, despite my assumption, and the woman specifically looked warm, instead of cold and prudish as I had predicted.

Walking further into the room, I was met with a sight I wasn't expecting. Three boys, all fairly young, one who looked around my age and the other two, slightly older. The youngest was cute, blond hair styled into a quiff, tall but broad build. My apathy was soon replaced with nervousness as the boys eyes glanced over to me. "And this is y/n" my mother said, motioning to me as I came to stand beside her. I smiled awkwardly, murmuring a quite 'hi' and bringing my hand up into a cringe-worthy half wave.

They all chorused a mixture of greetings towards me. The mother embraced me in a warm hug, which I tried my best to reciprocate. "It's lovely to meet you y/n" the woman said with a smile, releasing me from her embrace "I'm Liz, this is my husband Andrew" she said pointing to the tall, middle aged man by her side, "and these are my sons, Ben, Jack and Luke" she said, pointing to each of them. I looked at each of them, smiling half heartedly as she pointed to them, which Ben and Jack happily returned. However, Luke's face seemed emotionless, looking me up and down, making me feel incredibly intimidated.

"Ok, so if everyone wants to take a seat. Y/n can you help me in the kitchen please?" My mother requested. After helping out in the kitchen, I returned to the dining room to see that there were only two seats available. One was in between my dad and brother, which was obviously reserved for my mother. The other seat was in between Luke and my brother. I took a deep breath before sliding into my seat. I felt incredibly awkward sitting there silently, like Luke. Everyone else on the table were immersed in fluent conversation, my siblings conversing with his, my dad talking to his parent, while we sat there like a pair of wallflowers.

I turned to look at him, deciding to at least attempt socialising with the boy. My eyes were met with his as he looked towards me with slightly hooded eyes. If this boy was trying to make me
intimidated, he was certainly succeeding. I cleared my throat before attempting to speak, "um, hi" I said questioningly. He smirked, obviously amused by my nervousness. Before he could reply, if he was even planning to, my mother burst through the door with the food. We sat there eating and talking and I tried my best to contribute to the group conversation. As everyone was midway through their meal, I felt a strong hand, grasp my lower thigh. I almost choked on my mouthful of food.