Shes Just A Friend- l.h

Awesome writer of this: 5seconds-writing

I watch Luke from a distance. He's leaning on a pillar in the mall, flirting with some girl. I know we aren't dating, but I thought we had a thing, you know? Luke takes out his phone and hands it to the girl, smirking. She stretches up, pressing a kiss to the corner of Luke's mouth, making your eyes roll.

Luke smirks as he walks back over to me, Michael, Calum, and Ashton. He announces that he got her number to all of us, and the boys all congratulate him while he grins.

"She's hot man," Calum adds, giving Luke approval.

"I don't know.." Michael begins, "I think (Y/N)'s hotter."
I blush and laugh, "You aren't too bad yourself."

I see Luke's smile fade slightly, before coming back again. He looks at the boys, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Who votes we go get food?" Luke asks the boys.

We all agree, and walk around a bit more, until we find a restaurant in the mall that we want to go to. Luke is walking up front with Calum and Ashton, while Michael and I walk behind them.
"I mean it," Michael smirks. "You're a lot god damn hotter than that chick Luke picked up."
I can feel yourself getting a little jealous at the mention of that girl again. I notice that in front of me, Luke is not longer talking, but walking quietly with his hands shoved into his pockets. It takes us only a few minutes to be seated into a rather large booth to fit the five of us.

Michael slides in beside me on one side, while the rest of the boys sit on the other side. We order drinks and begin looking at the menu.

"So, what do you think of Luke's new girlfriend, (Y/N)?" Ashton asks me.
I smile a little, trying to hide my jealousy. "She's pretty I guess."

Luke huffs loudly, "She's not my girlfriend, Ashton. I have nothing near a girlfriend."
Ashton laughs, "Not even (Y/N)?"

"Nope. She's just a friend."

It hurts a little when Luke says that. We've even talked about dating before, and now he says I'm just a friend? I know we aren't together.. But still. Plus, the boys all know Luke and I have had sex. More than once.

I place my hand on Michael's thigh, getting a strange look from him. I smile, pretending to notice nothing different. He shrugs it off, continuing to look at his menu.
"Decide what you guys want yet?" Luke speaks up.
"(Y/N)," Michael chuckles.

I watch Luke, gauging his reaction, and I can visibly see him tense up. I smirk to myself.
"You wanna eat me, huh?" I joke.

His face goes red, and I notice Luke rolling his eyes.

Soon, we've finished eating, and Calum offers to pay, which no one objects to. We all head out to the parking lot, and decide who's going to ride with who, as we've only brought two cars. Luke's driving one and Michael is driving the other.

"I can take you home, (Y/N). The rest of the boys can go with Luke," Michael offers.
Before I have the chance to say anything, Luke intervenes.

"That won't be necessary, Michael. I'll be taking (Y/N) home. The boys will ride with you," Luke said, no emotion evident in his voice.

Though he showed no emotion, I could tell he was pissed. I say goodbye to the boys, and just to piss Luke off even more, I hug Michael much longer than needed, and peck him on the cheek. I wink at him, making sure Luke saw it before sauntering off into Luke's car.

He gets in seconds after I do, and as soon as we begin driving, he starts talking.
"I see you've grown fond of Michael," He calmly says.

I shrug, knowing exactly where this is going. "Michael is really nice."
Luke scoffs, "Yeah, when he wants to fuck you."