Make Love to a Killer- l.h pt.1

hello I'm back

Awesome writer of this: lukeatmeashton

The lawyer, Y/N, was young and had the seemingly perfect life...to those that didn't know her. She had her dreams, but she just wasn't living them.

The criminal, Luke Hemmings, was arrogant and hotheaded, living a deplorable life that was frowned upon by most. He was living his desired lifestyle... or so he thought. But when the supposed unfortunate pathways of the two cross, doubts are had.

One Reckless Night. One Stupid Mistake. Everything Changes.

• • • •

Guilty.
That word still rang through your head every day, the same questions mirroring. How could he be so stupid? How could he be so careless? What could possibly lead him to be so thoughtless and take such irrational actions? You had told him to get out of the corrupt and illegal mess he somehow managed to get wrapped up in time and time again. But he didn't listen.

Guilty.

You remembered that day, it being so fresh in your mind that it may as well be rolling in a movie. The way his head dropped instantly and a quiet sob echoed from his lips that could be heard from the back of the court room as his determinate sentence was read out to him, no room for the verdict of suspended nor indeterminate.

Growing up, had someone told you that your brother would be spending the majority of his young adult life secluded in that monstrous building while sleeping on a distressed, rugged material that could barely be described as a mattress, and cold metal bars being the separation between minor servitude and freedom, you would have sent them on their way with a rant of idiocy and nonsense.
But now, four years later, as you stood inside that exact sinister building, your patience running thin as the unenthused guard mockingly slid the door to reveal the large room you'd been in so many times, it became the reality you always feared.

Not bothering to hide your annoyance toward the guard and his childish antics, you let out a scoff of irritation before pushing passed him.

Although he wasn't the usual young inexperienced guard that would make such an effort to get your attention before finally allowing you to enter the visiting room, you would rather force yourself to ignore those constant chat-up lines from him than endure this older, more-aggravating guard's taunting smirk and never-ending stare that you could feel burning into your back as you walked away from him.

Rolling your eyes at his predictable actions, you continued to walk towards the familiar sight of the back of your brother's orange jumpsuit, the loud click of your stiletto heels sounding against the grimy floor of the jail and captivating the attention of some of the people in the room.
Ignoring the stares of the prisoners and visitors, you came to a stop in front of your brother, your back straightening and a hand being placed on your hip as your bag hung from the centre of your other forearm.

Your brother's gaze instantly flickered up to you, relief seeming to wash over him at your appearance. There should be no reason for his relief. He looked at you as though you were a hero coming to save his damsel in distress persona, but he could not be far from the truth.
"Y/N, I was beginning to think you weren't going to come," your brother spoke nervously, as a small sheepish smile contemplated gracing his lips.

Rolling your eyes at him, you snapped: "Well, unlike you, Caleb, I have the freedom to decide where I want to be at all times." Your words were harsh and you could see the slight hurt that momentarily flickered across his face.

But he knew how angry you still felt towards him, and he knew that the fact you even turned up was something he should treasure. What with your parents refusing to visit more than once a year on his birthday, the idea that he was trying to take advantage of your visits made you annoyed. He knew with one wrong word, you could be gone in a click of your heels and swish of your hair.
Caleb remained silent, smart enough to say nothing more.