Dont Let The Boss Find Out- a.i

Awesome writer of this: 5sos-au-writing

"So, what's the new job like?" your best friend pried, giggling as she collapsed next to you in bed.
You couldn't hold back the smile that spread to your face.

"It's incredible," you admitted, your eyes filling with light, "The people there are serious about their work, but they like to have fun and joke around on their free time. It's wonderful. Especially... God, especially with this other newbie, Ashton."

"Ashton," she teased, "Do tell me all about this mystery newbie coworker of yours."
Instantly, your face broke into a huge smile and you attempted to hide your embarrassment in the fluff of your pillow.

"He's perfect," you groaned, in more anger than admiration.
Without even looking at her, you knew your bestie's eyes were rolling.
"Oh, c'mon!" she groaned, "No one's perfect."

Lifting your head from your pillow, you glared at her deadpanned, "He is an exception."
Her eyebrow raised in disbelief and she took a slow, deep breath.
"Then," she sighed, "Tell me about the oh-so-perfect Ashton."

As if to brace yourself, you took a long breath, turning around so you could face her.
"He has perfect dirty blonde, wavy hair that is the perfect length, perfect hazel eyes that capture the light perfectly, perfect dimples, a perfectly adorably giggle and just a perfect, stupid face."
Your best friend erupted in a fit of laughter, shaking her head at you teasingly, "You've got it bad, kiddo. But, I still don't get why you're so upset about having a crush."

A subconscious pout flashed over your face quickly, before you caught it, "He's just.. He's way out of my league. There's no way he'll ever even notice me."

When you looked up, a smug smile was present on your best friend's face.
"Well, it looks like you need a lesson in hook, line and catch," she grinned cheekily.
As you walked through the office doors the next day, you felt a bit unsure of yourself. The outfit you were wearing was definitely not office appropriate, but you had to admit, you felt sexy. Your work blouse was buttoned just below the acceptable amount of cleavage and your fitted pencil skirt showed off the curves of your ass perfectly.

The heel of your shoes made that oh-so-empowering click-clack as you walked upon the dark wood flooring of the hallway to your cubicle. Just as you sat down on the plush, grey chair, a knock echoed from the opening in your office space.

Glancing at the makeshift doorframe, you saw that it was Ashton, looking handsome as ever in his white button-up. The sleeves of his shirt were rolled to his elbows and his tie taunted you, begging you to tug on it and lower his face down to meet your lips in a passionate kiss. But, you shook the sensual thought from your mind, returning to reality.

"Yes?" you asked, addressing his entry into your cubicle.
An angelic smile was plastered on his face, sending unwanted butterflies, along with lusting desire, into the pit of your stomach.

"The boss says we have to sort files in her office while she's at lunch," he groaned, an irritated chuckle falling from his lips.

You sighed heavily, throwing your head back in mock-disgust as you got up and made your way towards the curly-headed boy.

Deciding to tease him, you leaned in slightly, leaving only a few inches of space between you two.
"Alright, then let's get at it," you grinned, quickly spinning around and strutting through the doorway, leaving Ashton speechless as his eyes couldn't resist admiring the hypnotizing swing of your hips.

Frantically, he moved in a slow jog to catch up to you, still slightly in shock at your prior actions. As you walked over the threshold into your boss's office, you couldn't help but admire her view of the city. With an office on the 22nd story, and a huge window, everything below you looked about the size of ants, making the world seem a lot smaller than it usually did in your eyes.