Chapter 18 Why Now!

"Why now!" Tobias groaned to himself, "Well, I guess I'll see you guys later..." He began to climb into the giant metal thingy.

Wait, he was actually going to go inside of that thing!

"NO! Don't!" I yelled and ran to Tobias. I grabbed his arm as the ferocious wind of the metal thing's spinning blades tried to push us away!

"UNHAND THE YOUNG MASTER!" A bunch of people in black coats and sunglasses jumped all around and started to whip out land phazons!

"Eeeep!" Mathews was startled!

"Hey! It's ok. She's just a friend." Tobias said, calmly.

The black suited merlands stared at me, hesitantly. Slowly, they put their land phazons to their side.

"W-what's going on?" I asked.

"It's ok! It's just a helicopter! It's going to take me home now!" Tobias yelled at me over the roar of the beast.

"A helicopter?"

"Yeah..."

"Oh, dear!" an impressively dressed woman yelled at Tobias from within the "helicopter,""You didn't tell me you were with your friends!"

"M-mother!?" Tobias said in a shocked tone, "What are you doing here!"

"Hm? Don't be so surprised that your adoring mother came to pick you up herself! We need you home dear, there's going to be a.... coronation!"

"A coronation?"

"Yes, a coronation. I didn't expect you to be with friends, dear. Why don't you invite them over! They can all come to enjoy this event!"

"You want me to invite my friends over?" Tobias turned back to Mathews and me, "Well, I guess you guys can come, if you want..."

"Uh... Ok!" Mathews said, excitedly.

"M-M-M-M..." I couldn't form words. I can't actually get inside that thing!

"Well, c'mon." Tobias seemed really upset as he climbed into the maddening metallic creature. I didn't want to get inside that thing, but I couldn't let go of him, so I guess I was going along for the ride...

Fupfupfupfup, the metallic behemoth slowly stated to rise above the ground. Carefully, cautiously, the helicopter left the comforts of the land and began to soar in the sea of the sky. I thought that things on land were terrifying at first, but this was nightmarish! I held back sobs, I wasn't going to look like a wimp in front of both of my classmates!

"Garble garble garble garble!" Tobias's mom said in a casual voice. I honestly couldn't understand what she was saying over the roar of the helicopter.

"Garble garble garble." Tobias replied.

"Garble garble garble garble." The mother quipped back. She began looking at me as if she were expecting some sort of answer. I gave her a nervous look.

It wasn't long until we were back on the ground. My head rang and all I could hear was fish white noise. I felt nauseated and couldn't keep my balance.

"Are you guys ok?" Tobias asked. I looked at Mathews and saw that he wasn't faring much better.

"Tobias, why don't you welcome our guest into our home?" Tobias's mother asked.

"Oh... Yeah, of course..." Tobias responded, "c'mon follow me..."

Tobias took us near the gates of his home. It was huge! I couldn't believe what I was witnessing! I would describe it to you, but it was like, just, all over the place y'know! Like, just, take the biggest mercastle you've ever seen and multiply it by, like, a billion. Yeah that's about right. Y'know, I'm actually great at this whole description thing. I'm like some sort of writer. Yeah. Chryslabum, the award winning, the noble prize, award winning writer.