CHAPTER ONE

"OMG Ashie! Look at the house!" my best friend Stacey exclaimed.

"Stace, did you just say OMG? Nobody says that now! How many times do I have to tell you that? It's so-NOT-cool!" I huffed at my best friend. She just rolled her eyes at me. I think she's too taken aback by the mansion in front of us.

"That is the one, isn't it, Julie?" she said to my mother who was in the front seat and shoved my little brother Sam by his shoulder to let her face make it's way ahead in between the front seats of our BMW X7 where my Mom and Dad were seated.

Me. Ashley Summers. A 17 year old normal teenager. Skinny, with a decent height, waist length blonde hair and honey skin.

Stacey Stone. My childhood best friend who is more than a sister to me. She's tall and has a fairer complexion than mine and has the weirdest, friendliest and the most rocking personalities one single person could contain.

Julie. My mother. A woman in her early forties with a slender and elegant body and the person I hate being around.

Peter. My dad. Talking isn't his thing really. But what I see prominent in him is that he has a very practical and positive train of thoughts and he never lets anyone around him feel low about the hardships one faces in life. He would do something magical to make things work. He's more of an Actions-Speak-Louder-Than-Words kind of a person.

And Sam. My 11 year old little sweetheart. He's a good kid, naughty and mischievous just like other boys his age but with a great mind and an even better sense of humour.

We moved out of Washington to Oregon for mine and Stacey's high school studies. After my grandfather passed away seven months back, he left his mansion to his only son, my Dad, and my parents made the decision of moving to Oregon as it needed to be looked after. So as soon as we finished our junior high school, Dad made all the arrangements of shifting.

Nicole, Stacey's mother will be joining us after a week as she had some paper work to be taken care of. Nicole and Stacey have been living with us like a family after Stacey's father cheated on her mother and walked away with some other chick six years ago. I felt really bad for Stacey had to go through a lot of drama back then at such a tender age. She was very close to her Dad and even he loved her like a Princess but wonder what changed the man's heart that he became strong enough to leave his wife and his little girl for a bit*h! He had been trying to contact Stacey for the past one year saying that he realised his mistakes and was sorry but Stacey had been like a hard rock ignoring all his calls and texts. She had moved on and was happy now and that was what matters.

So the point is that my best friend stays with me, in the same house. We go to school together in the same car. We walk together, shop together, eat together, sing and dance together and share weird thoughts, make beautiful memories, talk about every little secret, fight with each other, fight for each other, get upset with each other, make up for that, play pranks, make mistakes and love each other like no one else does. But mostly, we enjoy each moment like there's no tomorrow.

"Ashley! Are you sleeping with your eyes open?" I heard Sam speak for the first time in six and a half hours that we were in the car. He was too busy with his iPad playing Angry Birds to notice anything around him. He indulges into things quite deeply and I like that about him.

"No Kiddo," I said and smacked his shoulder lightly.

He playfully pointed his tongue out at me. He can be so cute when he does that.

"Isn't it beautiful Ashie!" Stacey said when the gates opened and our car entered the mansion. We passed the big lawn spread on both the sides with trees and trees all around and circled a large fountain in the centre of the path and made our way towards the entrance.