CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

I entered the park and walked towards our usual place which was under a big tree that gave the perfect view to the park. I spotted him sitting on the edge of the bench typing away something on his phone. He was wearing a blue button down shirt and his hair was a usual mess.

I noticed my breathing grew faster and my heartbeats louder. I rubbed my sweaty hands together.

"Snow!" He exclaimed when he saw me.

"Ray, er, hi." Damn.

"Is everything okay? What's so urgent?"

"I just.. just wanted to.. talk," I stammered.

"My boss cut my week's pay. This better be important."

I sat down beside him.

I had absolutely no clue how to begin.

I couldn't just say that I loved him. He wouldn't even believe me.

"Snow?" He looked expectantly at me, urging me to speak.

"Ray," I went closer to his face.

"I am in love," I whispered in his ear.

"What?" He stood up and walked two steps ahead facing his back to me as he ran a hand through his hand and groaned.

"Who is the unfortunate guy?" He snorted without turning back.

"Shouldn't you be happy for me, Ray?"

He let out a deep breath. Then turned around, came and sat on the bench. He took my hand and held it tightly, kissing it ever so gently, and looked away.

"Sorry." He said.

I kept quiet.

Just watched his face.

He had passed my test.

I had to know if he really loved me. And he did.

He looked like he had lost something. As if all hope had been snatched away from him in one moment.

He was hurt.

So I said it.

"I love you." I croaked.

He started at me, eyes wide.

"I love you, Raymond Stratford." I said again, this time louder and clearer.

"I love you too!" He said and kissed the back of my hand repeatedly.

"I love you. I love you. I love you so so so so much!" He kept saying again and again while the smile never faded from my face.

I stared at the beautiful guy in from of me who looked like he had been given truckloads his favourite candy and he just couldn't contain his happiness.

"God, Snow. You have absolutely no idea how happy I am. Man, I love you." He sighed.

That was a dream come true.

It wasn't like in the movies.

No.

There was no background music. No violins.

Everything was not in slow motion.

There were no winds blowing.

Yet there was this special sort of energy around the both of us that bound us together. That drew us closer to each other.