CHAPTER SIX

I got ready and went down for breakfast. It was Saturday and we didn't have school today so Stacey and I had decided to just hang around a bit and then head at Joey's place before attending a party organised by one of his friends. All in all, today was planned for fun.

"Morning Sarah!" I greeted Sarah as I spotted her by the stairs. She was dusting a flower vase. There were so many like that in the house. No wonder it needed care.

"Very good morning Ashley!" She replied sweetly.

I entered the dining area and was taken aback by what I saw. Mom and Dad sat there having their breakfast. Yeah, Stacey and Sam were also there but I only saw my parents.

And I felt good.

Strange but true.

I went and sat opposite to Stacey. Mom and Dad greeted me with short nods. Seconds later, Jim came in and sat next to me.

We all ate quietly which wouldn't have been the case if my parents weren't here.

"Psst." Stacey called me.

I looked at her, "What?" I whispered.

'Check your phone.' She mouthed.

'I've left it in my room.'

She groaned and handed her phone to Jim asking him to pass it to me. Jim however chose to look at the screen and make a face before handing it to me.

It was a text from Raymond.

Raymond : Hey Stacey, could you ask Ashley to please meet me at the park in an hour? I don't have her number and she isn't replying to my messages on Facebook too. Tell her it's important.

Okay, it took me a while to take that in. Why in the world did he want to meet me?

I returned Stacey her phone -- via Jim.

Stacey looked at my Dad, "Peter," then at my Mom, "Julie, what are your plans for the weekend?" She asked them politely.

"We're leaving for New York in a few hours. Julie desperately wants to see her sister." Dad answered and Mom glared at him – probably for using the word desperate.

Aunt Claire and Mom were really close and they had a soft corner for each other. Their son Zack, my age, is the closest person to me walking on earth.

"Dad, didn't you just return from New York?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Uh, let's say I just came to pick Julie up." He said in an attempt to add humour to the situation. I snorted.

"Ash, I've got work. Hope you understand." Dad added before he got up and left with Mom following him.

Stacey let out a sigh of relief and I sent her a questioning look.

"Now you can easily go to meet Raymond." She said. I noticed Jim leaving without even saying a word. Strange.

Anyway I turned my attention back to Stacey. "You really think I'm going to meet him?"

"No. But I think you should." She came and sat next to me before continuing, "Ashie, he's a sweet guy."

"Okay, I'll go. Before you go all dramatic on me." I rolled my eyes at her.

I decided to walk to the park since it was close by the mansion. While I was wondering what could be that important reason of Raymond wanting to meet me, I made a mental note of telling him about Abigail.