CHAPTER TEN

My phone buzzed in my jeans pocket as I jotted down the equations that our Chemistry professor wrote on the black board.

Ray : We need to give you a name.

Not again!

It had been a week since my birthday. A week since Raymond started dating Abigail.

Since he was always busy with her, we decided to stay in touch through texts. Texting him had become my routine. He was the first person I texted after I woke up and he was also the last person I texted before I slept.

We grew closer to each other this way. With words, I started knowing him better. I also came to know that he worked in a café on weekdays since he didn't use his dad's money for himself. He was an amazing person. For the first time in two years I felt so good talking to someone.

Someway, I trusted him.

So he has been on this spree for a couple of days. He says he gives a name to people he likes the most. A name that only he can call them with.

I quickly typed a reply.

Me : Not again, Ray!

Ray : C'mon Ashley. Peach?

Me : No.

Ray : Strawberry?

Ray : Muffin?

Ray : Marshmallow?

Ray : Pumpkin?

Ray : Buttercup?

Ray : Lollypop?

His text came one by one and I giggled as I read them.

Me : Done with all the eatables?

Ray : Angel?

Ray : Princess?

Ray : Sunshine?

Me : Ray, I don't like any of the names. Ashley's fine.

Ray : Got it! SNOW?

As soon as I read that, I had a strange jittery feeling inside of me and I smiled. I liked it. Snow.

Me : Okay. :)

Ray : You like it?

Me : Yes, Ray!

Ray : Aw yeah you love it! Woohoo! :D

I shook my head with laughter and realised the class had finished. I now always chose to sit at the back of the class since Raymond would text me to an annoying extent. I got up to leave the class when I heard someone call my name.

"Ashley! Did you note down the ketone group chain of reactions. I uh, missed it." Finley said.

I didn't know he was in my class.

"Here." I pulled out my notebook and gave it to him.

"Thanks." He flipped through the pages and remarked, "You've got a hell of a handwriting, girl!"

"Yeah." I smiled before turning around and exiting the class.

"Ashie!" Stacey squealed as I approached my locker.

"Stace!" I tried to give it back to her with the equal excitement.

"I like it!" She said nodding her head.