CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The flight landed to New York late in the night. I had received a message from Aunt Clair saying she'd be there to pick us up. We collected out bags and went out of the airport to find Aunt Clair waving frantically at us.

"Ashley! Finally," she let out a loud sigh as she hugged me.

"Clair, this is Raymond. Raymond, Clair." I introduced them.

"Pleased to meet you," Raymond brought his hand forward and Aunt Clair shook it giving him a toothy smile and winking at me.

Raymond couldn't hide how darn sexy he was, could he?

Aunt Clair drove us to her place.

"It's already late. You kids should go sleep now. We'll talk about Zach tomorrow morning." She said as we entered the living room of their little house. It had been almost five years since I had been to that place but it still looked the same to me.

It clicked me that they only had two rooms. One was Aunt Clair's and the other one was Zach's.

I was about to ask Aunt Clair when she spoke, "Ashley, honey, I'm really sorry but you two will have to share Zach's room. Is that alright?" She looked at me, then at Raymond.

This sure was going to make things a lot more difficult for me.

"Absolutely Clair," Raymond said and I smiled.

"Okay." Aunt Clair clapped her hands and went off to where I remember was her room.

Raymond and I went upstairs to the other room and placed our bags on the couch beside the window.

"I'll change first." I said as I rummaged through my clothes in my bag looking for my pj bottoms.

"I don't really need a bathroom, you see."

He pulled off his T-shirt revealing his perfectly toned muscles. Next he unbuttoned his jeans. He stood there half-naked in his boxers grinning at me while I stared at him from head to toe.

"You've got the whole night to check me out, baby." He said in a husky tone and started walking towards me.

I gulped and rushed into the bathroom shutting the door behind me as I heard him hollering outside.

I sunk down to the floor and pulled my knees to my chest as I waited for him to quiet down.

After a few minutes I couldn't hear him so I softly unbolted the door and stepped out of the bathroom. He was lying on the bed with his back to me still wearing nothing but his boxers.

I took a deep breath and tip toed to where my bag was and searched for something comfortable to wear. When I finally found my pj bottoms and a loose fitted top, I rushed back to the bathroom to get changed.

I heard Raymond knocking the door, "Snow? Are you okay?" He sounded concerned so I hurriedly opened the door once I was done and met the hard of his bare chest as he wrapped his arms around me and stroked my hair.

Shivers ran down my spine as he pressed me closer to him.

"I'm fine," my voice came out as a hoarse whisper.

"Snow, sometimes you scare me. I would never want to hurt you, you know." He cupped my face in his hands and gazed at me.

"I know," I assured him.

"Let's get you to sleep." He held my hand and walked me to bed.

He laid me down and went to sleep on the other side of the bed. I felt the weight of his arm on my waist followed by his chest touching my back and he nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck.